So my experimenting with Black Food continues……………another successful outcome! Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together nicely.
Makes approx 12 Mini Buns
250g Strong White Flour
1 tsp salt
2tbsp activated charcoal powder
25g caster sugar
7g sachet yeast
70ml warm milk
2 large eggs
125g unsalted butter at room temperature
1 egg for wash with 1 tsp charcoal powder
Method for Brioche buns:-
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the charcoal powder. Add the salt and sugar. Mix together.
- Mix the eggs with the warm milk and add the yeast, allow to stand for approx 5 minutes until it starts to go frothy.
- Add the milk/yeast mixture to the flour and mix on level 2 of your stand mixer for about 2-3 mins. Then turn up to level 4 (medium speed) and mix for about 10 mins or until you get a glossy elastic dough.
- Add the softened butter and mix for a further 5 mins. If the dough is too soft and sticky just add some more flour 1 tbsp at a time.
- Lightly oil a large bowl and tip the dough into it.
- If your oven has a rising programme, turn on and leave to rise for about 2-2.5hrs, if not cover with oiled clingfilm and leave in a warm place.
- Punch down the dough and place onto a worktop, divide the dough into small sections about 22-25g sizes.
- Take into your palm and using your other hand roll to make a small ball. Place onto a baking tray with parchment paper, leaving enough space in between to allow expansion. Prove again for a further 2 hrs or until doubled in size.
- Mix the beaten egg with 1 tsp charcoal powder for the wash, lightly brush the wash over the buns.
- Preheat an oven to 180 deg and bake for about 15 minutes.
Chilli Chicken Burgers
2 Chicken Breasts
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
handful of breadcrumbs
- Place the chicken into a food processor and pulse until broken up – you don’t want it to fine.
- Add in all other ingredients and pulse to mix through
- Divide into equal portions to fit the burgers and place on a baking tray, place in fridge for at least 30mins -1 hr.
- When ready preheat the Crisper plate for 2 mins and place the chicken burgers on, using dynamic crisp setting cook for about 10 mins until browned and cooked. If you don’t have a Crisperplate either cook on hob using fry pan or grill under medium heat.
- Once the brioche buns are ready allow to cook then slice in half and start to assemble your burger.
- Top with some Smoked Beetroot Sauce from the Foraging Fox