Love these little baked egg boats, such a super simple dish for a lazy breakfast morning. Nutritious, tasty and low in calories and fat.
1 1/2 Wholemeal Sandwich thins (or you could use bread)
knob of butter melted
2 large eggs
small handful of baby spinach
1 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg
- Spray a baking tin with a little low fat spray oil
- Brush the thins with the melted butter, both sides & mould into the baking tin, bake in the oven for 5 minutes
- Place the spinach into the boats and whisk the eggs, pour into the boats, sprinkle with chilli and paprika and season.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until set and browned.
- Serve. Yummy!
OMG! I do love Avocado’s & if you do too, you will love this little recipe. A good nutritious and healthy way to start your day. Creamy luxurious texture, full of good vitamins, healthy fatty acids, flavour and fiber, why would you not want to? Good on their own or serve with a poached egg or crispy bacon for a more luxury weekend treat.
Makes 4 large pancakes
1 Large avocado
100g Plain Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut oil – melted
butter for the pan
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt & nutmeg in a bowl
- Combine the avocado, milk, egg, coconut oil and vanilla in a food processor until smooth
- Mix the avocado into the flour until blended
- Melt the butter in a fry pan on medium to high heat, scoop the batter into the pan (whichever size you like) and cook for about 2-3 minutes per each side.
- Serve. I put on a bed of Spinach with a poached egg on top, Yummy!
I love breakfast time, my favourite meal of the day. I am always looking for new things to try with my Crisperplate and this little recipe was delicious and baked in just 15 minutes too.
Makes 4 servings.
4 Charlotte potatoes – grated with skin on (more flavour in the skin)
8 slices of smoked bacon – back or rashers either is fine
Cheddar cheese – grated (amount to your preference)
6 green spring onions – chopped
6 large eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1 tbsp flour
salt & pepper to season
- Grate potatoes and squeeze out excess water, pat dry and sprinkle the flour over to soak up any water.
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes then evenly lay the grated potatoes onto plate and season. Leave some spaces on the plate as this allows the potatoes to crisp up better. Cook for 6 minutes
- Place the bacon onto the potatoes and cook for 3 minutes or longer if your prefer extra crispy bacon.
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs with the milk and season
- Evenly spread the spring onions and cheese onto the bacon and potatoes then pour over the egg mixture and season.
- Bake for about 6 minutes or until desired browness.
- Serve. Yummy!