Oh so yummy lunch today or as I call it Superfood Sunday! Having some Avocado Ranch dressing https://cookingwithluce.wordpress.com/2016/05/21/avocado-ranch-dressing/ left from yesterdays lunch and my determination to do well at the Jamie Oliver Food Revolution Omelette challenge http://www.jamiesfoodrevolution.org/news/the-food-revolution-international-omelette-challenge/ the 2 went hand in hand, the dressing added a lovely we extra zing to the omelette.
Small handful of grated cheddar cheese
1 slice of smoked fresh salmon
1/4 Avocado sliced thinly
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp avocado dressing (recipe above on link)
- Whisk eggs and season with salt & pepper
- Heat pan to medium to high heat and lightly spray with low fat oil.
- Pour in egg mixture and cook for about 4-5 mins until cooked underneath but still slightly running on top
- Place smoked salmon and avocado on 1 side, fold over omelette and cook for further couple of mins.
- Serve with ranch dressing. Yummy!
I came across this recipe from fellow blogger http://thehomemakerslife.com/ , I loved the sound of it and simply had to try, and I’m glad I did, lively dressing for any salad, very tasty.
Makes enough for about 4 servings
- 1 medium-sized ripe avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- 1 tsp fresh chives
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put everything into a food processor and blitz together until a smooth like consistency.
- Serve over any salad of your choice. Yummy!
For the love of Red! Love it when random ingredients put together turns out delicious!
40g Camargue Red Rice
1 Beetroot – grated
1/4 Avocado – chopped
1/2 tin of Chick Peas
1 tomato – chopped/sliced
Small chunk of Feta Cheese
4 Walnuts – chopped finely
1 tbsp good Olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Cook rice as per instructions on packet (about 30 mins)
- Mix all other ingredients into a bowl, add rice one cooked.
- Mix together olive oil and balsamic vinegar, drizzle on top to flavour.
This is a great lunch, very healthy, full of protein and super tasty.
I just love breakfast time it is one of my most enjoyable food times and creating something different every weekend has become an exciting challenge. My favourite food is of course eggs, love them anyway cooked. So this morning I went for something simple but very very tasty. I recently purchased some fresh eggs from Little Turnberry Farm and Chicken Nest at the Glasgow Assembly, all of their hens love their freedom at their farmhouse gardens, they enjoy foraging the grounds and a with little TLC they produce the most flavoursome eggs.
Here is my wee recipe for the best baked eggs and tomato:-
2 x Beef Tomato
2 x Fresh Eggs
Salt & pepper
pinch of basil (fresh or dried)
pinch of chives (fresh or dried)
1 x slice of cheddar cheese
- First slice the top of the tomato and scoop out the insides.
- Season the tomato with salt & pepper, crack the egg into the tomato, sprinkle basil over the top and some cracked black pepper.
- Place into a preheated oven at 220 deg and bake for 20 mins for a runny egg, 30-35 mins for solid.
- A few minutes before it’s ready, place slices of cheddar cheese on top and allow to melt.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle some chives on top serve with some lovely avocado slices. Yummy!!
A Wee Saturday lunch time treat. I love tuna and avocado but thought I would try something different and put it into French Toast instead of plain bread or a baked potato………..and oh wow! It really does taste so much better!
Makes 2 Sandwiches (2 slices of bread)
2 Slices of wholemeal bread
1/2 tin of tuna
1/4 of avocado
1 spring onion – chopped finely
Grated cheddar cheese (handful)
2 eggs whisked
ground pepper to taste
spray oil for frying
squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp light mayo or you can use a light cream cheese
- Whisk eggs, cinnamon and pepper together, pour into a flat dish. Lay both slices of bread in egg mixture and allow to soak up, turning over to coat both sides.
- Gentle heat up oil in a frying pan, (medium to high heat) place bread into frying pan and toast on both sides until turning slightly golden brown (about 3 mins on each side)
- Meanwhile, put tuna into a bowl with avocado and a light mayo then mash together.
- Squeeze lemon juice and put in spring onion and mix together.
- Once bread has toasted lay on a plate and add the filling, topping with the grated cheese then closing up the sandwich. oh Yummy!
This has got to be one of my favourite breakfast choices, not only is it tasty it is also good for you, with good fats in the avocado, good protein in the eggs, fibre in the wholemeal thin and also the little sprinkle of Chia, it really does give me a good start for the day ahead.
1 Wholemeal thin or wholemeal slice of bread
1 egg scrambled with pepper (you could also put some chives through it)
1/4 avocado sliced or mashed
1 tsp chia seeds
Super Tasty, Superfood!
January is here, we are all looking to be healthier, leaner, more motivated and happy and much much more. I think happiness starts at home and in my case my kitchen and my food. I put together some superfood’s to create a mean superfood brekkie, this was not only tasty but very healthy and very colourful.
2 large handfuls of Kale – Steamed
2 medium Eggs – scrambled
1 handful of chopped chives – mix these into scrambled egg
1/2 Avocado – sliced
4 Piccolo tomatoes (or any tomato of your liking) quartered
Cracked Black Pepper to taste
1 tsp Chia Seeds
- Place steamed kale on a plate, top with scrambled egg mix then season with cracked black pepper.
- Place the avocado slices on top of egg, then the tomatoes and sprinkle chia seeds to finish.
So easy, so quick, so tasty.
Superfood Sunday Brekkie
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 337.9 mg
- Sodium: 234 mg
- Total Carbs: 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 11.6 g
- Sugars: 15.5 g
- Protein: 21.8 g