Another home comfort food dish, delicious for lunch or dinner, hot or cold.
Butter for greasing tin
1 Roll ready made shortcrust pastry
1 bunch of asparagus spears
250g Spinach leaves
3 large eggs
150ml double cream
1 garlic clove, crushed
10 small cherry tomatoes
handful fresh basil, chopped
40g grated cheddar cheese (or you could use parmesan)
Salt & pepper
- Pre heat oven to 190 deg on convection bake setting.
- Grease a 10-12 inch tart tin with the butter, roll out the pastry and line the tin, trimming of excess.
- Cover the pastry with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. Blind bake for about 20 minutes until lightly browned. Remove and allow to cool slightly. Reduce oven to 180 deg.
- Meanwhile, bend the asparagus spears until they snap and discard woody bases.
- Bring a large pan of slightly salted water to the boil and blanch the asparagus for 1 minute, remove. Using the same water put the spinach in then remove immediately. Drain well and squeeze excess moisture out.
- Mix the eggs, cream & garlic together in a bowl and season with salt & pepper.
- Lay the spinach into the pastry case, then the asparagus and tomatoes cut side up, sprinkle with the basil. Pour the egg mixture into the case and sprinkle the grated cheese over evenly.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 35 minutes, remove and leave to cool to room temperature, serve.
Oh yummy…….I had some left over Harissa Paste and some veggies in the fridge, and yes, you guessed it……Harissa Tray Bake it was. I have to say this was super tasty and also super healthy…..I even got my boyfriend to eat veggies, which believe me is no mean feat….lol!
Great as a main dish or a side dish. I decided a main dish and served with some of my homemade Chapati’s
Serves 2 (main dishes)
1 large sweet potato – cut into small chunks
1 large red onion – cut into wedges
2 Carrots – cut into small chunks
1 x red & 1 x yellow pepper – sliced thickly
1 Cauliflower – cut into small florets
2 Parsnips – cut into small chunks
1 x 400g tin chickpeas
1 x 200g tin tomatoes
2 large heaped tbsps of Rose Harissa Paste
1 tbsp oil
Salt & pepper to season
- Place all vegetables into a food bag or bowl, then add the harissa paste and mix thoroughly to coat all the veggies. (this can be stored in fridge for later if need be)
- Preheat oven to 200 deg and oil a baking tray.
- Empty the vegetables (except asparagus) from the bag onto the baking tray and make sure they are spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Now add the chickpeas and the asparagus to the tray and bake for a further 15 minutes or until evenly browned all over.
- In a microwave bowl add the chopped tin tomatoes with salt & pepper to season and warm thought for about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce into a serving dish, empty the vegetables from the baking tray into the serving dish and mix through.
- Serve with some sprinkled coriander. Yummy!
I love this Combination of Greens, it’s great on it’s own or serve with some lovely fish or even chicken as a nice and healthy dinner.
4 pieces of asparagus
80g soya beans
2 rashers bacon (smoked)
2 Spring onions
olive oil 3 tbsp
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Zest of 1 lemon
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, place the soya beans in and boil for 4 minutes. Add in the asparagus and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, place 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan chop the bacon into 2cm strips and crisp up the bacon.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon zest and balsamic vinegar together and season to taste.
- Place the asparagus and soya beans into a bowl, add in the bacon and spring onions.
- Slice the avocado and place on top, then drizzle the dressing mix over and serve. Yummy!!