Sometimes you just need to treat yourself with the little things in life that make you happy. This is one of them for me. Having some disaronno left from New Year, I decided to treat myself today, because I deserve it!
Put a pot of fresh coffee on, preferably strong taste.
Pour some Disaronno or any Amaretto into a glass.
Top with freshly brewed coffee.
Froth up some milk or cream with a little frother and spoon on top.
Grate some dark chocolate over.
Relax and Enjoy a little afternoon delight. xx
A wee afternoon treat to myself, I love Amaretto and I love coffee, no better way than to combine them. I had some Amaretto flavoured coffee left over so decided to try that instead of the liqueur in the biscuits (as I had none) and it so worked.
Makes 12 biscuits
200g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp amaretto coffee, my fav from the Edinburgh Tea & coffee Company
1 tbsp orange flavouring
50g cocoa powder
- Firstly make the amaretto coffee in a cafetiere.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder ,baking powder and butter together. Then add in the coffee and orange flavouring, mix together until you get a dough like consistency.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and refrigerate for about an hour just enough so you can roll out.
- Remove from fridge and roll out to approx 1cm thick, place some greaseproof paper or parchmont paper on a baking tray.
- Using a cutter, cut out the biscuits and place onto baking sheet. Bake for approx 15 mins at 200 deg.
- Remove and place on a wire rack to cool and crisp up. Sprinkle some icing sugar over and serve.
I love to dunk mine into fresh coffee……oh so yummy!
I recently picked up some Amaretto Flavoured Coffee from my favourite shop ‘Brodies Country Fare’ https://www.brodiecountryfare.com/ , the coffee is manufactured by Edinburgh Tea & Coffee Company. I love a good after dinner coffee and as I love Disaronno, so this was the perfect little purchase.
To make it extra special I frothed up my milk and grated some luxury dark chocolate on top……oh Yum! So delicious.