A lovely little quick lunch today. Part of my Detox plan.
I used my crisperplate for these and they only took 6 minutes.
3 Parsnips – cut into fries
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 tsp dried Rosemary
1 tsp dried Thyme
- Coat the parsnips with olive oil and season with herbs.
- Cook on Crisp setting for 6 minutes.
Quick lunch or quick snack and healthy.
I am starting my Detox Plan for the week and this was my breakfast, I have to say it was absolutely delicious.
3 eggs – whisked
1 banana – sliced
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon
Salt & pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat
- Place the sliced banana in the pan and cook for a couple of mins until soft.
- Pour in the egg mixture and season, cook until coming together, sprinkle with the cinnamon and flip over.
- Cook for a further minute and serve.
Another quick yummy breakfast for a sunday morning. I always try to use up leftovers, so having some puff pastry left this is what I decided to do this morning. Again I used my lovely little Crisperplate to cook these. Have I told you how much I love this little bit of Technology?? I do love gadgets that simply work in your favour to help save time in the kitchen. You can get more information here
1 Roll of Puff Pastry
7 eggs (1 for wash)
Grated Cheddar Cheese (I used 1 tbsp per basket)
Salt & pepper
Flavourings as per your choice (I used smoked paprika, but you could use chives, chilli, parsley, the list is endless)
- Preheat your Crisperplate for 2 minutes on Crisper setting.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof on the plate once heated.
- Roll out the pastry and using a round cutter, cut out 6 circles.
- Using a smaller circle cutter, gently press into the middle of the circle pastry – dont cut right through. (This makes the outer edge of the basket)
- Using a fork, press the centre to prevent it from rising too much. Brush with egg wash.
- Place the pastry onto the crisper plate and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove and gently edge the inner circle using a spoon and press down to make bottom of basket.
- Place your cheese into the basket and flatten, crack the egg in, gently using a knife pierce the yolk (this prevents it from popping) and season with your flavourings.
- Place back into the Combi Oven and bake for a further 2.5 mins – 3.5 mins, depends how you like your eggs cooked. Serve. Yummy!
I know, I’m going to tell you all about my Crisperplate again….lol! Just 7 minutes bake time for these quick and easy puff pastry pizzas, compared to an oven bake (20 mins), the Crisper does it in more than half the time with the same results.
One my own this afternoon I just wanted a quick lunch, so this was perfect. I decided to use up things in my fridge, so I went for this combo, but you can make any combination you like. (times may vary)
1 roll puff pastry (use half if making 2) – cut in half or quarter if making 4
2 tbsp tomato paste
Mushrooms – I used Chestnut
Little olive oil
- Pre heat your crisper plate for 2 minutes
- Roll out pastry and with each half, score a 1cm border all the way around.
- Score a couple of diagonal lines in the middle (do not go right through) then place onto crisper plate.
- Place grated mozzarella into the middle, evenly but not too thick. Season.
- Then place the mushrooms in a layer evenly and drizzle a little oil over. Season
- Cook on Crisper setting for 7-8 minutes or until your desired brownness level.
Oh I know I keep going on about it, but this Crisperplate is just magical, it has saved me so many minutes in my kitchen and has given me perfect cooking results every time. This time it was a little afternoon treat.
Makes a 12″ cake
150 g Caster Sugar
225g Self Raising Flour
110g butter softened
1 tin of pineapple rounds (drained)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Whipping cream to serve
1. Mix everything together (except pineapple) in a mixer until smooth
2. Preheat Crisper for 2 mins, then pour on batter evenly
3. Place pineapple on top
4. Bake on Crisp setting for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with a large dollop of whipped cream.
OMG! These are so delicious and perfect for the party season. Little bite size pieces of deliciousness.
Makes about 12
8-10 Vittoria Tomatoes
150g plain flour
75 g soft butter salted
40 g grated parmesan
Paprika & poppy seeds
1. Pre heat oven to Fan 160 deg, Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, add the butter and parmesan, add in half the whisked egg, slow speed on mixer mix together.
3. Tip onto a non stick surface and bring together with your hands until you have a dough, flatten slightly. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat crisper plate and cut tomatoes in half, sprinkle with salt & thyme and cook for 2 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
5. Take a small 3cm star cutter and cut the mozzarella into thin stars.
6. Remove the dough and roll out and cut with a 5-6cm star cutter, place on baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 mins or until slightly browned.
7. To serve, once stars are cooled, spread a little pesto on star then place mozzarella star, a little more pesto then the tomato half.
8. Yum! Gorgeous with some prosecco.
These are perfect for a little bite size treat at Christmas and they look the part too. I first saw this recipe from Madaboutmacarons and just had to try.
I added a little orange liquor for a different flavour and they were delicious. (optional)
Makes about 12
40g dried apricots, finely chopped
40g dates, finely chopped
5 tbsps orange juice (or 2 tbsp orange liquor and 3 tbsp orange juice)
60g desiccated/shredded coconut
60g caster sugar
40g Scottish oats
40g candied orange peel, finely chopped
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
50g coconut oil – melted if solid
2 tsp Christmas Spice – See below for recipe mix.
(Spice Mix:- 2tbsp ground cinnamon, 2 tbsp ground ginger, 2 tbsp ground all spice, 1 tbsp nutmeg, 1/2 tbsp ground cloves, pinch black pepper) This can be stored in an airtight container.
50g White Chocolate – melted.
- Put all dried ingredients into a large mixing bowl, then add in the coconut oil and orange juice and mix to combine.
- Taking small amounts roll into a ball and place on greaseproof paper on a baking tray and refrigerate.
- Melt 50g of white chocolate in a microwave for about 1.5 mins and drizzle over the puddings. To decorate add a cranberry and edible holly decorations. (or you can cut some icing or marzipan for this)