My healthier eating continues this month. I got some lovely bits of Scottish Salmon recently so came up with this idea of a healthier mash using whatever I had in my fridge. It was delicious. Best bit, it only took 6 minutes to cook and put together.
Makes enough mash for 2-3 people
80g baby spinach
50g garden peas – cooked
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp Sea Salt
Garlic clove – minced
1 tsp coriander – dried
1 tsp olive oil
(optional if you like spice, add in 1 tsp chilli flakes)
- Place everything into a blender and mix until just combined.
- Serve. Simple as that!
I steam cooked some salmon that I marinated in Teriyaki Sauce overnight. Yum!
This is a tasty little dish and so healthy too. I’m always trying to get more fish into my meals (hard when my partner isn’t a fish fan!), but even he loved this one. Result!
Easy to make and full of protein and iron.
Makes 2 portions
1 tsp oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground mixed spice
2 garlic cloves or 1 tsp dried garlic
1 x 400g chopped tomatoes
1 can chickpeas (optional)
100g Spinach (optional)
1 packet of fresh green peas
2 cod fillets
zest of 1 lemon
handful of chopped coriander to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook onion & garlic over a high heat until softened and slightly browned. Stir in the curry powder and mixed spice, mix through.
- Add in the tin tomatoes, chickpeas and green peas with seasoning to taste.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until sauce starts to thicken slightly.
- Add in the cod and cover, continue to cook for another 10 minutes until fish is cooked through.
- Squeeze on the lemon zest and coriander then serve. Yummy!
I served with some curry roasted parnsips and carrots.
Friday night is mostly pizza night in our house, but as I’m on my Detox this week it was finding an alternative for me and why not Butterfly chicken? I have to say this dish was so delicious and very healthy and nutritious too. Win, win for me!
2 x Chicken Breasts
1 onion – chopped
handful of sweet peppers – chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp Italian herbs
1 tbsp tomato paste
Salt & pepper to taste
30g Goats Cheese
- Butterfly your chicken and flatten the thicker part so it will cook evenly.
- Add the chopped onion, peppers, chilli flakes, olive oil and all seasonings into a food bag and make sure all are coated.
- Take 1 tsp and spread onto each chicken breast evenly
- Next add the onion & pepper mix and spread evenly
- Preheat your Crisperplate for 2 minutes on crisp setting then place the chicken breasts on and cook for 5-6 minutes (depending on size of your chicken)
- Remove crisp plate and crumble on the goats cheese evenly, put back into the oven and cook on crisp for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve. Yummy!
(If you don’t have a crisper plate, bake in oven at 200 deg for about 15-20 minutes)
This was so delicious and filling. Best of all very healthy & nutritious.
I think I am starting to enjoy this Detox week….lol!
Makes enough for 4 portions.
200ml vegetable stock
2 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp dried chilli
1 tbsp ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can chopped tomatoes 400g
300-400g butternut squash – peeled and chopped into chunks
200g Red lentils – cooked
- Blend onion, veg stock, garlic, chilli, ginger, tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric and coriander into a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the paste for about 5-10 mins.
- Add in the butternut squash and cook on a medium heat for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile cook the lentils as per pack instructions.
- After 20 mins mix in the lentils and spinach to the squash mix and heat for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve. Yummy!
I am starting my Detox Plan for the week and this was my breakfast, I have to say it was absolutely delicious.
3 eggs – whisked
1 banana – sliced
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon
Salt & pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat
- Place the sliced banana in the pan and cook for a couple of mins until soft.
- Pour in the egg mixture and season, cook until coming together, sprinkle with the cinnamon and flip over.
- Cook for a further minute and serve.
I know, I’m going to tell you all about my Crisperplate again….lol! Just 7 minutes bake time for these quick and easy puff pastry pizzas, compared to an oven bake (20 mins), the Crisper does it in more than half the time with the same results.
One my own this afternoon I just wanted a quick lunch, so this was perfect. I decided to use up things in my fridge, so I went for this combo, but you can make any combination you like. (times may vary)
1 roll puff pastry (use half if making 2) – cut in half or quarter if making 4
2 tbsp tomato paste
Mushrooms – I used Chestnut
Little olive oil
- Pre heat your crisper plate for 2 minutes
- Roll out pastry and with each half, score a 1cm border all the way around.
- Score a couple of diagonal lines in the middle (do not go right through) then place onto crisper plate.
- Place grated mozzarella into the middle, evenly but not too thick. Season.
- Then place the mushrooms in a layer evenly and drizzle a little oil over. Season
- Cook on Crisper setting for 7-8 minutes or until your desired brownness level.
Oh I know I keep going on about it, but this Crisperplate is just magical, it has saved me so many minutes in my kitchen and has given me perfect cooking results every time. This time it was a little afternoon treat.
Makes a 12″ cake
150 g Caster Sugar
225g Self Raising Flour
110g butter softened
1 tin of pineapple rounds (drained)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Whipping cream to serve
1. Mix everything together (except pineapple) in a mixer until smooth
2. Preheat Crisper for 2 mins, then pour on batter evenly
3. Place pineapple on top
4. Bake on Crisp setting for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with a large dollop of whipped cream.