You know by now that I love my One Pot meals and this is another that is so easy & so tasty. I decided to use my Steam pot and it cooked perfectly in just 20 minutes. Yummy Spicy flavours and full of nutritious benefits.
Makes 2 large portions or 4 side portions
1 can black beans
1/2 can red kidney beans
1/2 can sweetcorn
1 red onion – finely chopped
150g wholemeal brown long grain rice
300ml veg stock
2 heaped tbsp chopped tomato
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried chillies
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
salt to taste
- Place everything in the steam pot and mix together. Put lid on.
- Place into your combi microwave and select Recipes, Pasta & Rice, Rice then programme 20 minutes.
- Perfectly cooked mexican rice dish. You can serve this on its own or with some pitta breads or even in a wrap.
Oh I do love my little crisper plate from Hotpoint. It just cooks and bakes most things in half the time with the same results as an oven or hob. I wanted something quick for my lunch and needed to use up some veggies, so sweet potato fries it was. Just 10 minutes!
1 sweet potato – cut into fries
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 tsp paprika
- Preheat your crisper plate for 2 minutes
- Coat the sweet potato fries with oil and season with spices.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Yum!
This dish is so yummy with a little kick. Perfect for Christmas dining as you can make as much as you need. I do love 1 pot meals.
Makes about 4 large portions or 8 smaller side portions.
1 x Butternut Squash – cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
100g cooked chestnuts, quartered
½ small pack sage leaves, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
8 slices of pancetta – chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
150g basmati & wild rice mix
300ml veg stock
Parmesan to serve
- Heat oven to 200 deg.
- Toss the squash with 1⁄2 tbsp of oil, chilli flakes and some seasoning on a large roasting tray. Roast for 15 mins, then add the shallots, garlic, chestnuts and nestle the sage and pancetta around the squash so that they touch the baking sheet.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 mins until the pancetta and sage are crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In the Steam pot place the Rice with the 300ml stock and steam for 20 mins on rice setting.
- Remove steam pot and add the ingredients to rice and mix through to warm through.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
Oh yummy! Nice little healthy quick mid week meal.
I do love a good gadgets, and I used my Kitchen Aid Mixer with Grater attachment and also my Steam Pot for steam cooking in my microwave combi oven.
6 Spring onions, sliced diagonally
small piece of ginger, grated
Small bunch or fresh coriander, chopped
1 juice of Lime
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Season the seabass and place into the steampot and cook on Sensor steam for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the attachment onto your mixer (if you have a spiralizer that would work too) and shred the carrot & courgette into a bowl.
- Slice the spring onions diagonally into small pieces and place into bowl with the grated ginger, coriander, lime juice and 3tbsp olive oil. Mix together.
- Slice the sea bass and allow to cool then mix through the vegetable mix. Serve.
Sometimes you want home cooked food without the hassle of trying to decided how to cook it and what temperatures etc to use, this was one of those days for me. Sundays are generally my lazy days, a day for recharging the batteries so to speak. I wanted a good home cooked quiche and decided to let my oven do the rest of the work and thinking. Hotpoint have designed a range of ovens with Automatic Recipe settings, the settings are already pre-programmed to control temperature, function and browning control……amazing, I know….right? Oven Range
I used the quiche setting and it was cooked and evenly browned perfectly due to the Multiflow Technology
I also used the Combination Oven with the Crisperplate to cook crispy potato wedges in just 12 minutes, perfect with a tasty quiche.
Makes 1 quiche
1 ready roll puff pastry
200g smoked bacon – diced
1 leek – sliced
handful of asparagus – chopped
200ml single cream
150g grated Gouda cheese
Salt, Pepper & Paprika to season
- Grease a quiche tin and lay pastry in covering base and edges.
- Gently fry the smoked bacon until slightly browned, remove from pan. Add to the pan the leek and saute for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile blanch the asparagus in a pan of salted boiling water.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with the milk and cream.
- Start to layer up the bacon and vegetables on pastry, then some of the cheese
- Then pour in the egg/milk mixture and rest of the cheese to top, generously season with salt, pepper and paprika
- Place on shelf 3 in oven and select auto recipes, quiche setting. The oven comes up 43 minutes but will sense temerature and auto adjust if necessary.
Fresh Pasta is just the best, but I always make far too much, I really need to learn my portion sizes…lol. Today I came across a recipe for balsamic chicken so I decided to try it out but add a little honey to it for the glaze and flavour, it was delicious.
For the pasta: (makes 4 servings)
275g ‘OO’ Grade Pasta Flour
3 large eggs
1 tbsp dried basil
- Sift the flour & put basil into the large bowl on Kitchen Aid mixer or work surface.
- Make a well in the middle. Crack one egg in and whisk gently.
- Gently with your hands start to incorporate the flour starting at the bottom, once it starts to come together crack the 2nd egg, then the 3rd until it becomes sticky.
- Using the dough hook on the mixer, knead together until you get a smooth like dough. Remove, cover with cling film and leave for about 1 hour.
- Attach the pasta attachment, cut the pasta dough into 4 sections.
- Flatten dough with hand then feed through the pasta maker, No. 1 x 5, No. 3 x 2, No. 5/6 x 1
- Change attachment to fettuccine and feed through. Hang until ready to cook.
- Heat a large pan of slightly salted water and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Strain
For the Balsamic Honey Chicken:-
2 Chicken Breasts (1 per person)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp rainbow pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tbsp olive oil
- Place chicken breast in a dish. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a seperate dish then pour over the chicken. Marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Pre heat your grill to medium heat and gently grill the chicken on the wire shelf for about 16-17 minutes turning halfway through. Tip:- place a tray of cold water underneath to catch any drips but this also adds a little steam to help keep the chicken moist. (I have a chicken breast setting on my oven which I used, this automatically controls the temperature).
- Meanwhile cut some baby tomatoes in half (I used vittoria tomatoes), and place in the dish with remaining marinade sauce and mix. Place in the oven with the chicken beasts and next shelf down (underneath).
- Remove chicken from grill and slice lengthways, tip into the drained pasta along with the tomatoes and sauce and combine. Serve. Yummy!
I had some pastry left over and decided to give these quick little bites a try, the flavour was amazing so sweet. I drizzled with a little Maple Syrup and I have to say it went really well, but so would chocolate…Mmmmmmm!
I used my little Crisper plate to bake and it only took 5 minutes……..what could be better? 5 minute bites!
1 sheet puff pastry
5 tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
3 tbsp cinnamon
1 egg for wash
- Mix the caster sugar & cinnamon together in a bowl (you can use quantities to your own taste)
- Lay out the pastry and sprinkle the sugar mix all over, then fold in half lengthways, seal with a little water
- Cut the pastry with a sharp knife or pizza cutter into long strips about 1cm wide
- Take both ends of strip and slowly start to twist, not too tightly or the pastry won’t puff up.
- Then gently wrap around into a swirl shape and seal the end underneath to the centre. Make sure to seal tightly or they will unravel as some of mine did while cooking. Brush with the egg wash and place onto the preheated crisper plate. Cook onto Dynamic crisp for 5-6 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve with our favourite topping.