Oh yum, this little Sunday lunch dish was super tasty and healthy too. Original recipe was adapted from Love & Lemons. I was trying to use up what I had in my fridge so roasted tomato sauce it was to go with. Topped with some fresh scottish mackerel this was so tasty and flavoursome.
For the Flatbreads:-
200g Gram Flour
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Dried Parsley
2 tsp Dried Coriander
1 tsp Ground cumin
1/2 tsp Chilli powder or crushed chilli
2 tsps Lemon juice
6 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix everything together, chickpea flour, salt, garlic powder, dried herbs, cumin, lemon juice, olive oil and water. Allow to sit for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat a pan on the hob to a high heat with a little oil, pour half the mixture into the pan and cook for a few minutes until you see the mixture starting to rise. Flip over and cook for a further few minutes until slightly browned.
- Serve with roasted tomato sauce, top with strips of cucumber and some smoked mackerel. Yummy!
For the Roasted Tomato & Walnut Sauce
12-15 cherry tomatoes – halved
1 tsp ground garlic powder
2 tsps powdered sugar
2 tsps sea salt
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
2 tbsps Walnut Oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Roast the tomatoes under the grill or in a pan until soft and slightly browned.
- Place all other ingredients into a food processor, add the roasted tomatoes and blitz until you get a smooth puree.
A lovely little quick lunch today. Part of my Detox plan.
I used my crisperplate for these and they only took 6 minutes.
3 Parsnips – cut into fries
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 tsp dried Rosemary
1 tsp dried Thyme
- Coat the parsnips with olive oil and season with herbs.
- Cook on Crisp setting for 6 minutes.
Quick lunch or quick snack and healthy.
You know by now that I love my One Pot meals and this is another that is so easy & so tasty. I decided to use my Steam pot and it cooked perfectly in just 20 minutes. Yummy Spicy flavours and full of nutritious benefits.
Makes 2 large portions or 4 side portions
1 can black beans
1/2 can red kidney beans
1/2 can sweetcorn
1 red onion – finely chopped
150g wholemeal brown long grain rice
300ml veg stock
2 heaped tbsp chopped tomato
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried chillies
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
salt to taste
- Place everything in the steam pot and mix together. Put lid on.
- Place into your combi microwave and select Recipes, Pasta & Rice, Rice then programme 20 minutes.
- Perfectly cooked mexican rice dish. You can serve this on its own or with some pitta breads or even in a wrap.
After making my Blueberry Muffins from a recipe book, I decided to try and make them a bit healthier. OMG! these were lovely and sweet still and with a little crunch, so delicious and only 120 calories per muffin.
150g Rye Wholemeal Flour
25g Caster Sugar
1 ripe banana – mashed
50g Scottish rolled oats
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
25g butter – melted
- Preheat oven to 160 deg fan. Line muffin tin wth cases.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and oats in a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix egg, banana, vanilla, butter together
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together then add blueberries.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
I saw this idea on the KitchenAid Recipe FB site and decided to give it a try. Oh my…..it is by far the fluffiest and lightest omelette I’ve ever had. Great idea of using the Mixer and separating the eggs.
Makes 1 omelette
1 tbsp milk
Salt & pepper to taste
Dill or chives (your preference)
Choice of fillings (again your choice) I used sweet peppers and spring onions.
Handful of cherry tomatoes to serve – grown in my own garden.
- Seperate the eggs and whisk until fluffy with. Pour the milk into the yolk mixture. I whisked on power 6 for 3 mins, the 4 for 2 mins.
2. Gently fold the yolks into the whites and season.
3. Heat 1 know of butter in a non stick pan. Gently fry off the peppers and spring onions.
4. Once browned pour the egg mixture into the pan and gently cook for a few minutes on eash side.
5. Remove onto a plate, cut in half the tomatoes and gently brown in the pan for a few minutes and serve.
Looking in my fridge I had to use up my leftover chorizo, so this was my Friday night quick dinner creation. Very filling, loads of flavour and loads of goodness too. I decided to use my Crisper plate instead of a fry pan then oven and was so glad I did as it only took 15 minutes to cook and more importantly 1 dish to wash up….lol!
Serves 4 (or 2 hungry people)
2 white potatoes
1 sweet potato
Chorizo – I used 1/3 of a 225g ring
1 red onion
1 large handful of kale
1 garlic clove or 2 tsp garlic granules
Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Place a knob of butter on plate and pre heat Crisper Plate on Dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes and red onion about 1/2 cm thick
- Slice up the Chorizo not too thick.
- Whisk the eggs into a jug/bowl and season.
- Place the potatoes onto the crisper plate a start to layer up then season each layer with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cook on dynamic Crisp setting for 8 minutes
- Remove then add on the red onion and chorizo, cook for a further 5 minutes
- Remove plate then add on the Kale and pour egg mixture over evenly. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Gently remove and serve. Yummy!
Oh yummy…….Healthy meals a go in my house at the moment, this was a recipe inspired by Jamie Oliver’s 5 ingredient show. I changed it slightly and its 7 ingredients now…lol! It’s been a while since I’ve had tuna steaks and I realised I need to incorporate them more in my meal choices, so delicious and nutritious too.
I cooked these on my crisper plate instead of the fry pan, and in only 3 minutes. A super quick dinner.
2 x tuna steaks
2 tbsps of Sesame and Miso paste, this was a great find. Really good flavour
2 tbsps sesame seeds
100g baby spinach
sugar snap peas
1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Spread each tuna steak with 1 tbsp of miso sauce and sprinkle the sesame seeds all over to cover.
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes and place tuna steaks on and cook for 3 minutes on dynamic crisp setting (no need to turn) – you can also fry in a pan over hob for about 2 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan up on hob and fry sugar snap peas and spring onions for a minute with the red wine vinegar.
- Place the spinach in the same pan and cover with a lid. Steam for about 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Serve tuna with greens. Yummy!