This was so delicious and filling. Best of all very healthy & nutritious.
I think I am starting to enjoy this Detox week….lol!
Makes enough for 4 portions.
200ml vegetable stock
2 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp dried chilli
1 tbsp ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can chopped tomatoes 400g
300-400g butternut squash – peeled and chopped into chunks
200g Red lentils – cooked
- Blend onion, veg stock, garlic, chilli, ginger, tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric and coriander into a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the paste for about 5-10 mins.
- Add in the butternut squash and cook on a medium heat for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile cook the lentils as per pack instructions.
- After 20 mins mix in the lentils and spinach to the squash mix and heat for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve. Yummy!
These were delicious and very healthy too. My Hotpoint oven has automatic cooking programmes, so I used the Stuffed Pepper setting and these baked to perfection.
2 onions – chopped
6 Sweet Peppers – chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
3-4 large peppers – colour to your choosing.
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add all ingredients to the pan except the large peppers and cook for 5 minutes
- Cut the tops off of the large peppers and de-seed. Place in a roasting tin.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture and place the tops back on.
- Select Auto recipes, side dishes then stuffed peppers and bake for approx 35-50 minutes (depends on size of peppers)
- Serve. Yummy!
You know by now that I love my One Pot meals and this is another that is so easy & so tasty. I decided to use my Steam pot and it cooked perfectly in just 20 minutes. Yummy Spicy flavours and full of nutritious benefits.
Makes 2 large portions or 4 side portions
1 can black beans
1/2 can red kidney beans
1/2 can sweetcorn
1 red onion – finely chopped
150g wholemeal brown long grain rice
300ml veg stock
2 heaped tbsp chopped tomato
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried chillies
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
salt to taste
- Place everything in the steam pot and mix together. Put lid on.
- Place into your combi microwave and select Recipes, Pasta & Rice, Rice then programme 20 minutes.
- Perfectly cooked mexican rice dish. You can serve this on its own or with some pitta breads or even in a wrap.
Oh yummy! Nice little healthy quick mid week meal.
I do love a good gadgets, and I used my Kitchen Aid Mixer with Grater attachment and also my Steam Pot for steam cooking in my microwave combi oven.
6 Spring onions, sliced diagonally
small piece of ginger, grated
Small bunch or fresh coriander, chopped
1 juice of Lime
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Season the seabass and place into the steampot and cook on Sensor steam for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the attachment onto your mixer (if you have a spiralizer that would work too) and shred the carrot & courgette into a bowl.
- Slice the spring onions diagonally into small pieces and place into bowl with the grated ginger, coriander, lime juice and 3tbsp olive oil. Mix together.
- Slice the sea bass and allow to cool then mix through the vegetable mix. Serve.
OMG!…..I got my pasta maker a wee while ago and have been dying to try these.
Originally from Piedmont Italy, agnolotti are said to have been conceived at some point in the 14th century. The dish was so revered that it was named after the chef who created it.
Easier to make than its fiddly relatives ravioli and tortellini, agnolotti are small parcels made by piping dots of filling and folding and pinching it to seal. Normally around 3cm in size, miniature versions are also popular and are known as ‘Agnolotti del plin’, meaning ‘pinched’.
Makes 2-4 portions
To make the Pasta
275g ‘OO’ Pasta Flour
- Sift Flour and make into a ring on your worktop or put into a bowl of a mixer and make a well in the middle. Whisk the eggs and pour into the middle, add salt. Gently mix the flour and eggs together until you get a dough, knead for a few minutes until smooth.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
To make the Sausage mixture
1 packet of Italian Sausages or any of your preference. I found these in my local supermarket and they are super tasty.
1 Leek – sliced
- Heat a little oil in a non stick pan.
- Break up the sausages and lightly fry until browned, remove to the side.
- Add a little butter to the pan and fry the leeks until slightly browned.
- Add both the sausage and leek to a processor and blitz until small pieces.
To assemble to Agnolotti
- Remove pasta from fridge and cut into 4 pieces.
- Flatten each pasta piece with you hand and feed through a pasta machine. I used 5 passes on No. 1, 3 passes on No. 3, 2 passes on No. 5, 2 passes on No. 6, 1 pass through on No. 7. You want it so the pasta is about 2mm thick and at least 30cm long.
- Take a small tsp of the sausage mixture and place onto the pasta in the middle leaving 1cm in between each spoonful.
- Take the bottom end and fold over the mixture to make a tube like shape and press to seal along lengthways. Trim to neaten.
- Taking your finger, press in between each section to make the individual parcels. Take the top section lengthways and fold back over the pasta to create a parcel.
- Using a cutter slice each section and place onto a tray.
- You can now refigerate until you are ready to cook.
- When ready, bring a larg pan to boil add some salt, cook for about 3 – 5 minutes until ready.
- Meanwhile make the sauce
To make the White wine sauce
1 x 18.7cl bottle of white wine
200g Creme Friache (I used low fat)
75ml Skimmed Milk
Salt & pepper to taste
Fresh Coriander – finely chopped
Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon
- Gently heat a non stick pan and pour the white wine in, bring to a boil and reduce until half.
- Add in the creme friache, milk, salt, pepper, lemon juice and coriander and continue to boil for about 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- When pasta is ready, drain and put into the pan of sauce and mix together.
- I served on a bed a steamed vegetables.
- I have a steam pot, so I put some asparagus, spinach and sweet peppers in and steamed for 2 minutes.
If you have some pasta left over, you can wrap in cling film and freezer for up to 1 month.
This was originally a slimming world recipe I found but thought it needed more flavour so I added my own spin on it. It was very delicious, if I do say so myself, and very filling.
I made some wholemeal baguettes to go with it too which went perfectly for soaking up the left over sauce on the plate.
6 Chorizo Style Sausages
3 sweet peppers – chopped
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp dried chillies
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
150ml chicken stock
250g red kidney beans (or any other bean can be used)
4 spring onions – chopped
150g red lentils
knob of butter
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Spray a large pan with little oil on medium to high heat, gently fry the garlic, peppers and onion for a few minutes.
- Add in the sausages and brown all over, about 5-10 minutes
- Meanwhile put red lentils into a pan and add about 5cm water, bring to the boil, once boiling remove the white foam then add the knob of butter and mix through, remove from heat.
- Add into the pan with sausages and vegetables the chilli, paprika, worcestershire sauce, passata, stock, beans and lentils then mix through. Gently bring to boil then reduce to a medium simmer for about 20 minutes.
- If sauce is still too runny, bring to boil and boil gently for about 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Slice the sausages diagonally into thirds.
- Garnish with some parsley and serve.
Delicious quick Friday night dish, or any night for that matter. I do love a good stir fry. Good thing with this dish, is that you could add any type of spice and it would work.
400g good quality beef – cut into strips
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3/4 spring onions, chopped
1 bag a pre mixed stir fry vegetables
1 bag a fresh egg noodles
2 tsp dried chillies
- Marinade the beef strips in the vinegar, soy sauce & worcestershire sauce for about 1/2 hour.
- Heat a tsp oil in a pan, add the beef and brown all over then add in the chillies
- Add in the noodles and cook for a few minutes adding in the remaining sauce mix.
- Then add in the stir fry vegetables, along with the spring onions, cook through for about 5 minutes. Serve. Yummy!