I saw this idea on the KitchenAid Recipe FB site and decided to give it a try. Oh my…..it is by far the fluffiest and lightest omelette I’ve ever had. Great idea of using the Mixer and separating the eggs.
Makes 1 omelette
1 tbsp milk
Salt & pepper to taste
Dill or chives (your preference)
Choice of fillings (again your choice) I used sweet peppers and spring onions.
Handful of cherry tomatoes to serve – grown in my own garden.
- Seperate the eggs and whisk until fluffy with. Pour the milk into the yolk mixture. I whisked on power 6 for 3 mins, the 4 for 2 mins.
2. Gently fold the yolks into the whites and season.
3. Heat 1 know of butter in a non stick pan. Gently fry off the peppers and spring onions.
4. Once browned pour the egg mixture into the pan and gently cook for a few minutes on eash side.
5. Remove onto a plate, cut in half the tomatoes and gently brown in the pan for a few minutes and serve.
I used my Best Pancake recipe for this, it is one recipe that always works. Light Fluffy pancakes guaranteed. This morning was a more healthier option with low fat toffee yoghurt, blueberries and a little Maple Syrup…….oh so yummy!
I love mixing up pancakes, there are so many toppings you can choose. What is your favourite?
I love breakfast time, my favourite meal of the day. I am always looking for new things to try with my Crisperplate and this little recipe was delicious and baked in just 15 minutes too.
Makes 4 servings.
4 Charlotte potatoes – grated with skin on (more flavour in the skin)
8 slices of smoked bacon – back or rashers either is fine
Cheddar cheese – grated (amount to your preference)
6 green spring onions – chopped
6 large eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1 tbsp flour
salt & pepper to season
- Grate potatoes and squeeze out excess water, pat dry and sprinkle the flour over to soak up any water.
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes then evenly lay the grated potatoes onto plate and season. Leave some spaces on the plate as this allows the potatoes to crisp up better. Cook for 6 minutes
- Place the bacon onto the potatoes and cook for 3 minutes or longer if your prefer extra crispy bacon.
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs with the milk and season
- Evenly spread the spring onions and cheese onto the bacon and potatoes then pour over the egg mixture and season.
- Bake for about 6 minutes or until desired browness.
- Serve. Yummy!
I just love my relaxing Sunday mornings, today the sun was out and I felt great, the sun beaming into my kitchen through my living room. It’s amazing how a little bit of sun makes you feel, especially after our really bad and long winter.
Feeling good I decided to experiment, I was sent an idea recently….omelette in bread….brilliant, easy, tasteful, quick and simple cooking. Loved this.
There are so many combinations you can do, I went with cheese and tomato.
2 Slice of Bread – Thick slice is best
2 large eggs – whisked
2 tomatoes – sliced
Gouda cheese – small handful grated
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan and gently cook your filling ingredients, in this case I gently fried the tomatoes.
- Cut out the centre of the bread and set aside.
- Arrange the filling in the pan to the shape of the centre of the bread, then place the outside of the bread in the pan.
- Gently pour some of the egg mixture into the centre of the bread covering your filling. Do this slowly so it sets. Then sprinkle the cheese on top
- Allow to set slightly, then place the centre of the bread on top and flatten down. Then flip over and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove and serve…so yummy.
I just love Sunday Brunch time, no alarm, lay in, relaxing morning and a fantastic big breakfast that will keep me going until my Sunday dinner. I couldn’t decide between sweet or savoury this morning, so why not both?? This was an absolute treat and so glad I had some fresh tomatoes as this jam just nailed the dish.
Makes 2 portions
For the Jam
10 cherry tomatoes – 1/4
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 red onion – finely chopped
For the French Toast
2 slices of bread (I used wholemeal)
1 tbsp butter for frying
Salt & pepper to taste
1 large handful of kale – I steamed cooked mine for 4 minutes, perfect.
1/2 Avocado – sliced
- To make the jam:- Heat 1 tbsp butter and some spray oil in a fry pan
- Saute the onion on medium heat until tender about 5 minutes
- Add brown sugar, stir and cook for a further 3 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 5 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm
- To make the French Toast:- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a fry pan.
- Whisk the eggs and season with salt & pepper
- Place the slices of bread in the egg mixture and allow to soak for a minute, then place into the hot pan and fry on each side for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Steam cook your kale.
- Place kale onto toast, then avocado slices then top with the jam.
- Serve…….so Yummy!
I have found a little trick to make the perfect poached eggs! For ages, probably like everyone, you make them in a pan of water and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Plus they take about 10 minutes in total. This little trick is 1 minute……..yes 1 minute! So easy…..so quick….same taste and structure. What’s not to like?
First take a ramekin (or similar round deep dish), fill 3/4 way with water (cold is ok).
Secondly crack the egg into the water, then with a sharp knife gently prick the egg yolk (you must do this or else the egg will explode)
Thirdly put into a microwave on power level 900w for 1 minute = runny yolk, 1.5 minutes = hard yolk.
Honestly…….it’s that easy and that quick! You’ll never look back.
Note:- Timings may vary depending on microwave power.
Have I ever told you how much I love this Crisper Plate by Hotpoint, LOL!, and have I ever told you how much I love breakfast time? Well my saturday morning was a case of up and out so I need something quick but filling, this little omelette pocket only took 4 minutes to cook and so tasty and filling. Mission accomplished!
5-6 slices of smoked cooked ham
handful of grated cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper to season
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes
- Beat eggs together with seasoning
- Pour onto crisper plate, lay evenly the spinach, ham, cheese and season to taste (you can of course use any combination of filling you like)
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 4 minutes or until eggs have set.
- Cut in half and fold over, serve. Yummy!
My perfect Saturday morning Brekkie…..:)