I do love creating with leftovers, I always amaze myself what you can do with leftovers in your cupboards or fridge. Today was a quick, tasty & filling lunch. With potatoes to be used up, I decided on mini loaded jackets. Using my Automatic Jacket Potato setting on my Hotpoint Class 9 Combi Microwave too they were ready in under 16 minutes too!
I made 4 small Jackets
4 medium sized Scottish Maris Piper Potatoes
2 tbsp butter
handful spinach – chopped
20-30g Cheddar Cheese – grated
Cracker Black Pepper
Salt to taste
- First wash potatoes and prick with a fork
- Place onto the Crisperplate or Microwave dish.
- Set to Automatic, Recipes, Vegetarian Dishes, Baked Potatoes, Set weight and Extra Done. Start. Turn half way through.
- When ready remove and allow to cool slightly
- Cut potatoes in half lengthways and scoop out potato and put into a bowl then mash
- Place butter and spinach into potato bowl and mix through & season
- Spoon the potato mixture into the Jacket Potato skins and sprinkle with cheese then place under a high grill for a couple of minutes until cheese is melted. Season with some Cracked Black Pepper. Yum!
- You could also add in some chilli and paprika for extra flavour & spice. Really anything of your choosing.
Another quick yummy breakfast for a sunday morning. I always try to use up leftovers, so having some puff pastry left this is what I decided to do this morning. Again I used my lovely little Crisperplate to cook these. Have I told you how much I love this little bit of Technology?? I do love gadgets that simply work in your favour to help save time in the kitchen. You can get more information here
1 Roll of Puff Pastry
7 eggs (1 for wash)
Grated Cheddar Cheese (I used 1 tbsp per basket)
Salt & pepper
Flavourings as per your choice (I used smoked paprika, but you could use chives, chilli, parsley, the list is endless)
- Preheat your Crisperplate for 2 minutes on Crisper setting.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof on the plate once heated.
- Roll out the pastry and using a round cutter, cut out 6 circles.
- Using a smaller circle cutter, gently press into the middle of the circle pastry – dont cut right through. (This makes the outer edge of the basket)
- Using a fork, press the centre to prevent it from rising too much. Brush with egg wash.
- Place the pastry onto the crisper plate and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove and gently edge the inner circle using a spoon and press down to make bottom of basket.
- Place your cheese into the basket and flatten, crack the egg in, gently using a knife pierce the yolk (this prevents it from popping) and season with your flavourings.
- Place back into the Combi Oven and bake for a further 2.5 mins – 3.5 mins, depends how you like your eggs cooked. Serve. Yummy!
I know, I’m going to tell you all about my Crisperplate again….lol! Just 7 minutes bake time for these quick and easy puff pastry pizzas, compared to an oven bake (20 mins), the Crisper does it in more than half the time with the same results.
One my own this afternoon I just wanted a quick lunch, so this was perfect. I decided to use up things in my fridge, so I went for this combo, but you can make any combination you like. (times may vary)
1 roll puff pastry (use half if making 2) – cut in half or quarter if making 4
2 tbsp tomato paste
Mushrooms – I used Chestnut
Little olive oil
- Pre heat your crisper plate for 2 minutes
- Roll out pastry and with each half, score a 1cm border all the way around.
- Score a couple of diagonal lines in the middle (do not go right through) then place onto crisper plate.
- Place grated mozzarella into the middle, evenly but not too thick. Season.
- Then place the mushrooms in a layer evenly and drizzle a little oil over. Season
- Cook on Crisper setting for 7-8 minutes or until your desired brownness level.
So after my bargain purchase of potatoes, I decided to make some homemade chilli chips using my crisper plate. You know how much I love this little Crisper plate don’t you? lol! You can find more information here:- Crisper Plate Technology
I decided on a bit of spice today, so I seasoned the chips with salt, pepper and chilli flakes…..soooooooo Yummy!
- Wash potatoes and cut into desired chip length and width. Approx 1-2 cm cube is perfect.
- Pre-heat the Crisper plate for 2 minutes on Dynamic Crisp setting.
- Coat chips with a little spray oil and season, then place onto plate & cook for 12 minutes. Perfect little chips.
I have found a little trick to make the perfect poached eggs! For ages, probably like everyone, you make them in a pan of water and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Plus they take about 10 minutes in total. This little trick is 1 minute……..yes 1 minute! So easy…..so quick….same taste and structure. What’s not to like?
First take a ramekin (or similar round deep dish), fill 3/4 way with water (cold is ok).
Secondly crack the egg into the water, then with a sharp knife gently prick the egg yolk (you must do this or else the egg will explode)
Thirdly put into a microwave on power level 900w for 1 minute = runny yolk, 1.5 minutes = hard yolk.
Honestly…….it’s that easy and that quick! You’ll never look back.
Note:- Timings may vary depending on microwave power.
On deciding what to do next using my crisper plate, I thought I’ve not really tried a cake?? Would it work?? Only 1 way to find out………………………..results were fab, tasty and baked in 10 minutes…….revelation!
200g Dark Chocolate – Melted (I used 70% cocoa)
170g golden caster sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
- If you have an Induction hob, melt chocolate in a pan on No. 1, if not melt using a glass bowl over boiling water. Once nearly melted add in butter and melt through, stirring a couple of times. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Chop nuts into very small pieces or use a processor and pulse but make sure not to make into crumbs.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites
- One at a time add egg yolks to the chocolate and butter mix, stirring continuously.
- Then stir in vanilla, sugar, nuts & flour
- Whisk the egg whites together until stiff peaks, then gently fold into your chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the crisper plate and cook on dynamic crisp setting for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled remove from plate, slice and serve with some lovely whipped cream or ice cream if you prefer. YUMMY!!!!
Perfectly cooked homemade Rustic Chips in just 12 minutes.
I love this little Crisper Plate from Hotpoint, it cooks most things in a fraction of the time and due to its non stick coating, you don’t need oil therefore its also healthier.
10 charlotte potatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp olive oil
- Wash and cut in half potatoes with skin on
- Place in a bowl or bag and season, mix to coat evenly
- Preheat the Crisper Plate on Dynamic Crisp for 2 minutes, place potatoes skin side up onto crisper and cook for 12 minutes on Dynamic Crisp setting.