I know, I’m going to tell you all about my Crisperplate again….lol! Just 7 minutes bake time for these quick and easy puff pastry pizzas, compared to an oven bake (20 mins), the Crisper does it in more than half the time with the same results.
One my own this afternoon I just wanted a quick lunch, so this was perfect. I decided to use up things in my fridge, so I went for this combo, but you can make any combination you like. (times may vary)
1 roll puff pastry (use half if making 2) – cut in half or quarter if making 4
2 tbsp tomato paste
Mushrooms – I used Chestnut
Little olive oil
- Pre heat your crisper plate for 2 minutes
- Roll out pastry and with each half, score a 1cm border all the way around.
- Score a couple of diagonal lines in the middle (do not go right through) then place onto crisper plate.
- Place grated mozzarella into the middle, evenly but not too thick. Season.
- Then place the mushrooms in a layer evenly and drizzle a little oil over. Season
- Cook on Crisper setting for 7-8 minutes or until your desired brownness level.
Oh I know I keep going on about it, but this Crisperplate is just magical, it has saved me so many minutes in my kitchen and has given me perfect cooking results every time. This time it was a little afternoon treat.
Makes a 12″ cake
150 g Caster Sugar
225g Self Raising Flour
110g butter softened
1 tin of pineapple rounds (drained)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Whipping cream to serve
1. Mix everything together (except pineapple) in a mixer until smooth
2. Preheat Crisper for 2 mins, then pour on batter evenly
3. Place pineapple on top
4. Bake on Crisp setting for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with a large dollop of whipped cream.
OMG! These are so delicious and perfect for the party season. Little bite size pieces of deliciousness.
Makes about 12
8-10 Vittoria Tomatoes
150g plain flour
75 g soft butter salted
40 g grated parmesan
Paprika & poppy seeds
1. Pre heat oven to Fan 160 deg, Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, add the butter and parmesan, add in half the whisked egg, slow speed on mixer mix together.
3. Tip onto a non stick surface and bring together with your hands until you have a dough, flatten slightly. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat crisper plate and cut tomatoes in half, sprinkle with salt & thyme and cook for 2 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
5. Take a small 3cm star cutter and cut the mozzarella into thin stars.
6. Remove the dough and roll out and cut with a 5-6cm star cutter, place on baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 mins or until slightly browned.
7. To serve, once stars are cooled, spread a little pesto on star then place mozzarella star, a little more pesto then the tomato half.
8. Yum! Gorgeous with some prosecco.
These are perfect for a little bite size treat at Christmas and they look the part too. I first saw this recipe from Madaboutmacarons and just had to try.
I added a little orange liquor for a different flavour and they were delicious. (optional)
Makes about 12
40g dried apricots, finely chopped
40g dates, finely chopped
5 tbsps orange juice (or 2 tbsp orange liquor and 3 tbsp orange juice)
60g desiccated/shredded coconut
60g caster sugar
40g Scottish oats
40g candied orange peel, finely chopped
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
50g coconut oil – melted if solid
2 tsp Christmas Spice – See below for recipe mix.
(Spice Mix:- 2tbsp ground cinnamon, 2 tbsp ground ginger, 2 tbsp ground all spice, 1 tbsp nutmeg, 1/2 tbsp ground cloves, pinch black pepper) This can be stored in an airtight container.
50g White Chocolate – melted.
- Put all dried ingredients into a large mixing bowl, then add in the coconut oil and orange juice and mix to combine.
- Taking small amounts roll into a ball and place on greaseproof paper on a baking tray and refrigerate.
- Melt 50g of white chocolate in a microwave for about 1.5 mins and drizzle over the puddings. To decorate add a cranberry and edible holly decorations. (or you can cut some icing or marzipan for this)
You know by now that I love my One Pot meals and this is another that is so easy & so tasty. I decided to use my Steam pot and it cooked perfectly in just 20 minutes. Yummy Spicy flavours and full of nutritious benefits.
Makes 2 large portions or 4 side portions
1 can black beans
1/2 can red kidney beans
1/2 can sweetcorn
1 red onion – finely chopped
150g wholemeal brown long grain rice
300ml veg stock
2 heaped tbsp chopped tomato
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried chillies
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
salt to taste
- Place everything in the steam pot and mix together. Put lid on.
- Place into your combi microwave and select Recipes, Pasta & Rice, Rice then programme 20 minutes.
- Perfectly cooked mexican rice dish. You can serve this on its own or with some pitta breads or even in a wrap.
Oh I do love my little crisper plate from Hotpoint. It just cooks and bakes most things in half the time with the same results as an oven or hob. I wanted something quick for my lunch and needed to use up some veggies, so sweet potato fries it was. Just 10 minutes!
1 sweet potato – cut into fries
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 tsp paprika
- Preheat your crisper plate for 2 minutes
- Coat the sweet potato fries with oil and season with spices.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Yum!
This dish is so yummy with a little kick. Perfect for Christmas dining as you can make as much as you need. I do love 1 pot meals.
Makes about 4 large portions or 8 smaller side portions.
1 x Butternut Squash – cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
100g cooked chestnuts, quartered
½ small pack sage leaves, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
8 slices of pancetta – chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
150g basmati & wild rice mix
300ml veg stock
Parmesan to serve
- Heat oven to 200 deg.
- Toss the squash with 1⁄2 tbsp of oil, chilli flakes and some seasoning on a large roasting tray. Roast for 15 mins, then add the shallots, garlic, chestnuts and nestle the sage and pancetta around the squash so that they touch the baking sheet.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 mins until the pancetta and sage are crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In the Steam pot place the Rice with the 300ml stock and steam for 20 mins on rice setting.
- Remove steam pot and add the ingredients to rice and mix through to warm through.
- Serve with grated parmesan.