Oh Yummy! Healthier Eating doesn’t get any better, this was delicious. A middle eastern style frittata and so versatile, you can eat it cold or warm, lunch or dinner.
Spray Fry oil or veg oil
1 red onion, sliced finely
200 g curly kale
200g cabbage – cut into ribbons and chopped
2 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp ground fenugreek
1 tsp turmeric
8 large eggs
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp greek yoghurt, I used low fat
2 small handfuls of cranberries
40g pine nuts
200g feta cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook until soft.
- Increase the heat to medium to high and add in the kale, stir fry for about 4 minutes until wilted. Add in the cabbage and stir fry for about 5 minutes, add in the garlic and spices, season and cook until wilted and cooked through, about another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 200 deg and line an ovenproof dish with baking paper. I used a tin 24 x 24cm.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk. Add the baking powder, flour, yoghurt and salt, mix well.
- Add in the cranberries and pine nuts, stir through.
- Once the greens mix is cooled add to the egg mixture little at a time and mix through.
- Fold in the feta pieces and pour into your prepared oven dish, evenly spreading the mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Insert a knife and make sure it comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly. Slice and serve.
This will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days and you can also freezer any leftovers.