OMG! Super tasty meal, super healthy & low in calories, at only 417 Kcal per portion. Another thanks to PON for this recipe. The meat is so tender due to the slow cook match with cuban spices this is a real treat.
500g stewing scotch beef (fat removed)
Salt & pepper
2 onions sliced
240ml beef stock (2 stock cubes)
1 x 400g tin tomatoes chopped
2 green & red peppers, cut into strips
4 garlic cloves – crushed
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp fresh coriander
50ml red wine (or you can use a stock pot for less calories)
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Cooked rice to serve (corn tortilla wraps optional)
- Season the meat well and brown over a high heat in a pan, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions to the pan and saute for about 3-4 mins
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and the browned meat
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover and cook on low for about 2 hours. (Or in an oven at 140 deg fan for 2.5 hrs)
- Pull the meat apart with 2 forks, serve on a bed of rice or with a low calorie corn tortilla.