Oh yummy! I’m still trying to look for alternative healthier options to my meals and this recipe I came across on Eating well website. A few tweeks to suit our own tastes and voila it was super tasty and quite filling too.
400 g Scottish Steak (cubed)
1 red onion – cut into wedges
1 clove garlic – minced
400ml Beef Stock
1/2 cup of Red wine
70g sugar snap peas
1 red pepper – sliced about 0.5cm thick
8 cherry tomatoes – halved
Cornflour to thick sauce – I used about 2 tbsps
1 tbsp tomato paste
Salt & pepper to taste
80-100g pasta (I used wholewheat as a healthier option)
- Heat a little oil in a large pan, add in the steak and brown, season with salt & pepper. Remove with a slotted spoon once browned all over.
- Fry the onions and red peppers with the garlic and tomato paste.
- Add back to the pan the steak, red wine & beef stock bring to the boil then reduce to a very low simmer and slow cook with lid on for about 4-5 hours.
- Just before serving cook your pasta as per packet instructions, drain then add the the pan along with the sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- If sauce is still watery, make up your cornflour and stir in until you achieve the desired thickness of sauce.
- Season some more and serve.