This little dish was super tasty with a little kick, perfect for a Saturday night dinner. My ultimate favourite is 1 pan cooking (well kinda..lol), don’t you just love throwing everything in to 1 pot, easy cooking, less washing up….lol!
We served this with a glass of Chardonnay and it went perfectly well.
6-8 Beef Meatballs (sliced in half)
150g pasta (I used wholewheat Fusilli)
200g tin tomatoes
75g chopped chorizo (good quality, we love Picante)
1 red onion (chopped)
1 red pepper (chopped)
1 carrot (chopped)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried basil (I would recommend using fresh, but unfortunately I didn’t have any)
1 chopped chilli or 1 tsp dried chillies
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt & Pepper to season
Parmesan to garnish
- First bring to the boil a pan of salted water and cook pasta for about 8-10 minutes, Save about 1/2 cup of the pasta water, drain pasta and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the meatballs & chorizo and brown all over. When browned remove with a slotted spoon and put to the side.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and add the peppers, onions, carrots, garlic and thyme and gently cook until slightly tender.
- Return the meatballs and chorizo back to the pan, add the sauce and bring to a simmer for a few minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- Then add the pasta to the pan along with the remaining pasta water and simmer for a further 5 minutes to warm through.
- Serve with some grated parmesan and chopped basil. Yummy!