Oh yum. In my aim to be eating a bit healthier this year, I took my hand to these little nutritious burgers, they were so delicious and very filling too.
Makes about 4
200g butternut Squash – sliced
1 medium onion – finely chopped
1 clove garlic – crushed
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried coriander
100g wilted spinach
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook the butternut Squash and mash up. (I steamed cooked mine using my steam pot for about 6 minutes)
- In a bowl mix the butternut squash, wilted spinach, onion, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt & pepper, chilli flakes & garlic.
- Place a cutter onto a sheet of greaseproof paper or plate and fill the cutter with the mixture making individual circles. Approx 2 cm thick.
- Heat up the Crisperplate for 2 minutes and cook on Crisp setting for 6 minutes, turn then cook for a further 4 minutes (depending on how well you like them cooked, you can cook for a further 2 minutes for extra brownness) Alternatively, fry in a pan for about 6 mins on medium heat each side with a little oil.
- Serve. Yummy!
- I added some potato wedges to my crisperplate at the same time for a one pan meal.