Today I was off work and decided to have a chillout day……….well, that was before I started looking through all my recipe books. I came across a baking book that I hadn’t used for a while. Looking through I spied Blueberry muffins and thought that would be a nice wee treat with my afternoon coffee…….so off I went into my Kitchen.
They were absolutely delicious. I also made a healthier version too, check them out here.
150g Plain Flour
75 g Caster Sugar
1 tsp baking powder
25g Butter – melted
1 large egg
40ml natural yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to fan 160 deg. Case a muffin tin.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg, vanilla, butter, yoghurt together
- Add the wet bowl into the dry bowl and mix together, should be slightly thick, if its too thick just add a little milk.
- Then add in the blueberries and mix together.
- Bake in oven for about 18-20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Devour with a wee cuppa. Yummy!