Fresh Pasta is just the best, but I always make far too much, I really need to learn my portion sizes…lol. Today I came across a recipe for balsamic chicken so I decided to try it out but add a little honey to it for the glaze and flavour, it was delicious.
For the pasta: (makes 4 servings)
275g ‘OO’ Grade Pasta Flour
3 large eggs
1 tbsp dried basil
- Sift the flour & put basil into the large bowl on Kitchen Aid mixer or work surface.
- Make a well in the middle. Crack one egg in and whisk gently.
- Gently with your hands start to incorporate the flour starting at the bottom, once it starts to come together crack the 2nd egg, then the 3rd until it becomes sticky.
- Using the dough hook on the mixer, knead together until you get a smooth like dough. Remove, cover with cling film and leave for about 1 hour.
- Attach the pasta attachment, cut the pasta dough into 4 sections.
- Flatten dough with hand then feed through the pasta maker, No. 1 x 5, No. 3 x 2, No. 5/6 x 1
- Change attachment to fettuccine and feed through. Hang until ready to cook.
- Heat a large pan of slightly salted water and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Strain
For the Balsamic Honey Chicken:-
2 Chicken Breasts (1 per person)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp rainbow pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tbsp olive oil
- Place chicken breast in a dish. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a seperate dish then pour over the chicken. Marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Pre heat your grill to medium heat and gently grill the chicken on the wire shelf for about 16-17 minutes turning halfway through. Tip:- place a tray of cold water underneath to catch any drips but this also adds a little steam to help keep the chicken moist. (I have a chicken breast setting on my oven which I used, this automatically controls the temperature).
- Meanwhile cut some baby tomatoes in half (I used vittoria tomatoes), and place in the dish with remaining marinade sauce and mix. Place in the oven with the chicken beasts and next shelf down (underneath).
- Remove chicken from grill and slice lengthways, tip into the drained pasta along with the tomatoes and sauce and combine. Serve. Yummy!