I had some pastry left over and decided to give these quick little bites a try, the flavour was amazing so sweet. I drizzled with a little Maple Syrup and I have to say it went really well, but so would chocolate…Mmmmmmm!
I used my little Crisper plate to bake and it only took 5 minutes……..what could be better? 5 minute bites!
1 sheet puff pastry
5 tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
3 tbsp cinnamon
1 egg for wash
- Mix the caster sugar & cinnamon together in a bowl (you can use quantities to your own taste)
- Lay out the pastry and sprinkle the sugar mix all over, then fold in half lengthways, seal with a little water
- Cut the pastry with a sharp knife or pizza cutter into long strips about 1cm wide
- Take both ends of strip and slowly start to twist, not too tightly or the pastry won’t puff up.
- Then gently wrap around into a swirl shape and seal the end underneath to the centre. Make sure to seal tightly or they will unravel as some of mine did while cooking. Brush with the egg wash and place onto the preheated crisper plate. Cook onto Dynamic crisp for 5-6 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve with our favourite topping.