I just love fresh pasta, ever since I got my new pasta attachment for my Kitchen Aid Machine I’ve never bought dried pasta again. Having to use up some pesto I had left, this little dish was the result. The sun dried tomatoes just added that little extra flavour.
For the pasta:
275g ‘OO’ Grade Pasta Flour
3 large eggs
- Sift the flour into the large bowl on Kitchen Aid mixer or work surface.
- Make a well in the middle. Crack one egg in and whisk gently.
- Gently with your hands start to incorporate the flour starting at the bottom, once it starts to come together crack the 2nd egg, then the 3rd until it becomes sticky.
- Using the dough hook on the mixer, knead together until you get a smooth like dough. Remove, cover with cling film and leave for about 1 hour.
- Attach the pasta attachment, cut the pasta dough into 4 sections.
- Flatten dough with hand then feed through the pasta maker, No. 1 x 5, No. 3 x 2, No. 5/6 x 1
- Change attachment to fettuccine and feed through. Hang until ready to cook.
- Heat a large pan of slightly salted water and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Strain
For the toppings:
2 chicken breasts
1/4 jar sundried tomatoes
3 tbsp green pesto
Handfuls of Broccoli & Baby Spinach
- I steam cooked my chicken, broccoli and Spinach. (8 minutes for chicken, 3 minutes for veg)
- Slice chicken into bite size pieces.
- Place pasta into a bowl with chicken, broccoli, spinach and sundried tomatoes, spoon the pest into the bowl and mix through until chicken and pasta is coated.
- Serve. Yummy!
- For extra spice you could add in some chilli.