I picked up an amazing bargain recently in Aldi’s….29p for 2.5kg bag of Maris Piper potatoes…..Yes I know…..right…..29p!! So after picking up some lovely scottish beef sausages at my local butchers I decided a Stew was the perfect match for these potatoes.
A warm comfort filling dish.
Makes 4 servings.
8 Scottish Beef sausages (or any of your choice)
4 potatoes – washed and cubed (skin on)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
300ml chicken stock
2 garlic clove – crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
2-3 sweet red peppers – sliced
1 red onion – quartered
1 tsp crushed chillies
1 tsp hot smoked paprika
salt & pepper
1 tbsp worcester sauce
1 tbsp mixed herbs
- Gently heat up to a medium heat a fry pan with oil.
- Gently fry the peppers and onion with the garlic, chillies and paprika until softened, remove from pan with slotted spoon.
- Put your sausages into the pan and gently brown on all sides.
- Once sausages are browned add back to the pan the pepper mix, tomato paste, tin tomatoes, chicken stock, potatoes, salt & pepper, worcester sauce and mix. Bring to the boil then simmer for approx 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- A few minutes before ready add in the mixed herbs, and cut the sausages into 3 sections, then serve. Yummy!