Sundays are all about Stews……good home cooked food. Sundays are my chillout day and also my home comforts day, so there’s nothing better than a tasty Stew. This one was full of flavour, very spicy and full of protein too. I served it with some homemade crusty baguettes.
6 Sausages (to your own taste. I used Black pepper Beef sausages) you could use low fat sausages to make it even healthier.
1 Cal cooking Spray
1 red romano pepper (the long pointy ones), deseeded and cut into 1cm strips
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tbsp hot chilli powder – less if you don’t like it too spicy
1 tbsp hot smoked paprika
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
100ml chicken stock
200g cannellini beans, drained
200g red kidney beans, drained
6 spring onions, finely chopped
chopped parsley to garnish.
- Spray a non stick fry pan and heat on a medium heat.
- Gently fry the spring onions, pepper and garlic then add 3 tbsp water and cover. Cook on a simmer for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, gently brown sausages in a fry pan with spray oil.
- Once browned, remove and cut into 3 diagonally.
- Add chilli powder, paprika and worcester sauce into the pepper mix and stir, then add the passata, chicken stock, sausages and beans, bring up to a boil, then simmer for about 10-15 minutes uncovered.
- Serve in a soup bowl and garnish with parsley. Serve with some fresh crusty bread. Yummy!