Looking for healthier and more nutritious alternatives are always on my to do list, I came across this recipe from The Kitchn , I changed it up a little to my own flavours but this was truly delicious and filling.
Spray fry oil
1 bag (100g) baby spinach
1 Clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
pinch salt & pepper
4 large or 8 small tortillas
1 tin (400g) of refried beans (I always use Old el paso…I just love them)
1 Red Pepper, finely chopped
1 small tin of sweetcorn, drained
150g Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan over a medium heat. Add the red pepper and sweetcorn with the garlic and chilli and cook for a few minutes.
- The add the spinach and cook until wilted. Season.
- Remove from pan. Heat through the refried beans for about 4 minutes then remove from pan, set aside.
- Place the tortillas on a flat surface and start to assemble. Spoon the refried beans on covering half of the tortilla, then the cheese, then the spinach mix the fold in half.
- Wipe the fry pan with a dry cloth and place each tortilla in pan a cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes until browned and crispy. Repeat until all cooked.
- Remove and cut the quesadillas in half and serve. Yummy!