O.M.G. what can I say, another satisfying little dish. Ever since I got my pasta maker I’ve been keen to use it, so this weekend I decided to try something different. So deliciously scrumptious!
For the Ravioli
300g Plain Flour
1 tbsp of cocoa powder
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp of milk
For the Frangipane
100g ground almonds
100g powdered sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp dark rum
200g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
Handful of Black cherries
1 egg for wash
- Prepare the dough for the ravioli by mixing all the ingredients together in a mixer. Allow the dough to rest for about 1 hour covered in cling film.
- Meanwhile, mix up the frangipane by mixing all ingredients in a mixer until you get a thick mixture. Put into a piping bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut the dough in half and flatten with your hands, then feed through a pasta maker (No. 4 or 5 setting) (or roll out to about 2mm if you don’t have one).
- Lay the pasta on a floured surface, with the piping bag place a dollop of frangipane evenly spaced on 1 of the sheets, then place a cherry on top and brush around each one with egg wash.
- With the other sheet of pasta lay on top and press down to seal. Cut the ravioli using a cutter and seal the edges with a fork.
- Bring about 2 litres of water with the sugar and vanilla to a boil, place the ravioli in the water and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, heat up some custard.
- Serve in soup bowls, pour custard in bowl and add in the ravioli, add in some black cherries and grated some dark chocolate over for extra sweetness. Yummy!