O.M.G!! What can I say………….this little creation is my best yet……absolutely delicious! 10/10 my boyfriend said….lol!
I just love a relaxing saturday afternoon baking, while my boyfriend was watching the Rugby I was listening to my favourite tunes by Imagine Dragons and creating some little afternoon delights.
140g Golden Caster Sugar
140g Self Raising Flour
5 tbsp milk
100g milk or dark chocolate drops (whichever you prefer)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp almond extract
250g icing sugar
Green food colouring
- Preheat oven to 160 deg.
- Line a Muffin tin with cases.
- Blitz the pistachios in a blender under finely chopped. (keep a little back for decoration)
- Mix flour, sugar, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla essence, almond extract and pistachios in an electric mixer until well blended and smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and then push some chocolate chips into each one.
- Bake in the oven for about 23-25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Leave to cool on a rack after.
- Meanwhile, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add 1 tbsp at a time of water until you get a thick but still slightly running texture. Then drop 1 or 2 drops of food colour into icing to make a pale green colour.
- Melt some chocolate in the microwave for the decoration. About 1 minute – 1m30secs.
- When cakes are cool, top with the icing, then left over pistachios and drizzle with the chocolate. Refrigerate for about 1/2 hr to harden.
- Then just devour! Oh so Yummy!