Two exciting things happened today, I used my new pasta toy from Kitchenaid and made fresh pasta for the first time, then I created an amazing bake and baked it using my automatic baked pasta setting on my Hotpoint oven……such a great day in my kitchen today. I love it when new Technology just work!
Serves 2 large portions or 4 smaller portions
150g cooked pasta (see my Fresh pasta Recipe)
2 chicken breasts – cut into bite size pieces
1 yellow and 1 red pepper – cut into slices
1 red onion – cut into wedges
120ml Chicken Stock
1 tsp dried garlic granules
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Grated Cheddar Cheese – quantity to suit your tastes (We love our cheese here…lol!)
- Heat a little oil in a pan on the hob, medium to high heat.
- Gently brown the vegetables, chicken, spices and season.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta.
- Spoon about 2-3 tbsps of the tin tomatoes into a baking dish, then start to layer up the bake. I put pasta on next, then chicken, then vegetables, then rest of tomatoes.
- Make up the stock and mix the quark in to make a thick sauce, then pour over the bake in the dish.
- Set your oven (if you have a Hotpoint Class 9) to Baked Pasta and Cannelloni setting. If not, try 180 deg for approx 25-30 minutes.
- When you have 15 minutes left, sprinkle on the grated cheese and bake until golden and crisp on top.
- Serve. Yummy!