I had some left over apples and filo in my kitchen so it was obvious it had to be little apple parcels. These were so tasty and so quick to cook using my little crisper plate……..oh did I tell you how much I love this little crisper? lol!
2 Granny smith apples – chopped into small chunks
3 sheets of filo pastry
1 beaten egg for wash
small handful of raisins
70g light brown caster sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Fry oil – light
2 tbsps Icing sugar to finish
- Spray a fry pan with oil on a medium heat
- Gently fry the apple, sugar, cinnamon and raisins until just caramalised (about 8-10 mins) Remove and allow to cool.
- Lay your first sheet of filo on a worktop and brush with the egg wash, then take your 2nd sheet and lay onto, brush with egg wash, and then your 3rd sheet as above. Then cut vertically into 4 sections.
- Preheat your crisper plate for 3 minutes on dynamic crisp setting
- Once cooked, remove from plate and allow to cool slightly. Sieve some icing sugar over the parcels and serve. These are lovely with ice cream, whipped cream or even caramel sauce. oh so yummy!
You can of course bake these in a 190 deg oven for about 20 minutes.