In our house Sunday is always Brunch as we do like a lay in! So today was Pancakes, Bacon and Maple Syrup…..oh so yummy! If I do say so myself, these are the best and most fluffiest pancakes I’ve ever cooked……a full proof recipe that always works.
250g Self Raising Flour
125g Caster Sugar
2 Beaten eggs
Pinch of salt
Milk to mix – about 50ml
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt together in a mixing bowl
- Add in the egg and mix well
- Slowly bit by bit add in the milk until you get a thick batter. (you don’t want it too runny or they won’t puff up as much)
- Preheat some spray oil in a pan on medium to high heat
- Using a ladle, spoon some of the mixture into the pan in a circular shape about 1/2 cm thick
- When it starts to rise and bubble slightly, you know it’s cooked, then flip to other side. (approx 1-2 mins per side)
- Remove and continue. Serve warm. Or cool later with some butter & Jam.