Oh yes, its that time of year when the apple, cinnamon and warm comfort food come out. Thought I’d try a warming pastry using my little crisper, amazing, this would normally take about 40 minutes in an traditional oven, but on the crisper……just 16 minutes…YES! 16 minutes. Amazing.
Makes 6-8 servings
1 pre rolled puff pastry (all butter)
1 orange (peel only)
50g walnuts – chopped
50g pine nuts – chopped
1 tsp cinnamon powder
50ml dark rum
50g light brown sugar
1 egg and 50ml milk for brushing
Icing sugar for decoration
- Soak the sultanas in the rum (preferably overnight or at least 4 hours)
- Peel and slice the apple, then mix them with the walnuts, pine nuts, sugar, cinnamon and orange peel, mix well.
- Add in the sultanas and breadcrumbs to the apple mixture and mix
- Roll out the pastry
- Pour the apple mixture onto the pastry then roll up lengthwise. Seal with egg and milk and press with either finger or fork to seal.
- Preheat the Crisper Plate for 3 minutes on Dynamic Crisp setting, remove from oven and gently place the apple roll onto he plate. Brush the roll with Egg wash mixture and make a few small cuts on top of pastry to allow steam out.
- Bake on the Crisper setting for about 16 mins, if you feel it is browning too quickly cover the top with some baking sheet.