This is my take on Jamie Olivers 5 Ingredient Recipe on his new Channel 4 TV Show and from his new book. It was really delicious and so easy to make.
Makes 6 small pots (or 4 big ones, if you’re like me….lol!)
200g Dark Chocolate
1 jar Black cherries (about 400g) I only used half.
2 tbsp golden cast sugar
200ml double cream
- First melt chocolate on Induction hob at No. 1 (or in a bowl over water) Keep 1 square of chocolate back for decoration.
- Heat up the cherries in syrup gently for about 5-10 minutes
- Divide the whites from the yolks into separate bowls
- Mix the egg whites with a pinch of sea salt until stiff peaks
- Mix the cream until slightly thick, then add egg yolks and sugar, mix to combine
- Allow the cherries and chocolate to cool before adding
- Gently add the chocolate to the cream mixture and fold together
- Then gently fold in the egg whites to the chocolate mixture
- Place mousse into a dish, then cherries, then mousse, then cherries……layer up as much as you want.
- Grate some chocolate over top to finish……………devour!!!!