Oh WOW…….these are amazing, if you like all things lemony and fresh then this is the little cupcake for you.
I had a jar of Sicilian Lemon Curd to be used up so thought I;d try some little cupcakes. Yummy….Yummy! Perfect with an afternoon cuppa.
1 Cup of Cream – I used the double light cream (healthier option…lol)
1 cup of caster sugar
2 eggs – beaten
1 1/2 cup of self raising flour
1 Lemon – grated rind and juice
250g cream cheese
125g salted butter
grated rind and juice of 1/2 lemon
250g Icing Sugar – you may need more or less.
- Preheat you oven to 180 deg
- Put cream, caster sugar and eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Grate the lemon rind into the bowl.
- Sift in the flour and whisk until batter is thick and smooth.
- Divide the mixture into your cup cases and bake for approx 15-20 minutes.
6. Allow cupcakes to cool slightly. Then taking a small teaspoon or knife dig some holes into the centre, not too big or too small. Then gently fill the holes with the lemon curd.
7. To make the buttercream:- Add the cream cheese, icing sugar, butter, rind and juice of 1/2 lemon into your mixing bowl and whisk until light and airy.
8. Add into a piping bag and pipe on top of your cupcakes covering the hole. To finish sprinkle some lemon rind on top.