Yet again I amaze myself with an absolutely delicious curry, another one for my favourites list. So healthy too and filling.
2 Chicken Breasts
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp gram masala
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
1 chopped onion
1 chopped chilli
2 tsp ginger
1 yellow and 1 red pepper – diced
1 tsp garlic powder or 1 fresh clove
250ml beef stock
1 cup lentils
200ml coconut milk
salt & pepper
- Put spices into a tub, turmeric, gram masala, cumin, salt, pepper, cloves and garlic. Dice the chicken and rub in the spice mix to coat.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan and add the chicken to brown.
- Add in the chilli, onion and peppers and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the beef stock and lentils bring to boil then simmer and cook for about 1.5 hrs.
- Pour in the coconut milk and simmer further for another 1.5 hrs. If too watery, remove lid and simmer uncovered until sauce has thickened (about 15 mins).
- Serve and top with some fresh parsley. Yum!