O.M.G. What can I say….delicious, moreish, delightful, dessert heaven….oh the list goes on, simply delicious!
Tip: Remove base from tray before putting filling in! (I had a terrible time trying to get it out)
Bake tin size – 26cm
450g Maltesers – leave a handful for decorating at end
110g butter – melted
100g caster sugar
4 egg yolks
200g dark or milk chocolate
400ml whole milk
3 tbsp malt powder
300ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blitz the maltesers in a food processor until crumb like. Empty into a bowl.
- Melt the butter and add to the maltesers, mix through until coated.
- Grease the baking tin, push down the crushed malteser into the pan evenly, make sure that you go up the sides as it will need to hold a filling.
- Put in the fridge to harden.
- For the filling, in a pan heat gently the milk, sugar, egg yolks and malt powder until thickened. then add in the melted chocolate, stir through.
- Once base has set, remove from tin and fill with the chocolate mixture. Place in fridge overnight to set.
- When you are ready to serve, then we make the cream topping.
- Pour cream and vanilla extract into a bowl and whisk until thick, then top the pie.
- Using the left over maltesers, crush and sprinkle on top of pie. oh yeah….Yum…Yum!