This was simply amazing, I got the goat shank from Harris Farm Meats, https://harrisfarmmeats.scot/ , their meat is second to none. I decided to slow cook the shank and have a wrap like dinner. Wondering what to put in the wrap with the pulled goat, I decided to try a curried coleslaw….absolutely amazing!
Makes 8 wraps
For the Goat:-
650g Goat Shank
1 tbsp Rainbow pepper (or cayenne pepper)
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp cumin
1 garlic clove or tsp powdered garlic
Olive Oil – (good stuff, I use Bertolli)
For the Coleslaw:-
1/2 Red cabbage
1/2 White cabbage
150g natural yoghurt
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin
1 packet of wholemeal wraps
- Mix all of the goat seasoning together and run into shank, leave to marinade overnight, or at least 12 hrs.
- Preheat your oven to 120 deg. Flash fry your shank on all sides to seal the meat. Place in ovenproof dish and cover with foil, slow cook for at least 7 hrs. 1 hr before finishing remove the tin foil.
- Meanwhile, chop the cabbages and carrot into fine strips and put into a large bowl, mix in the yoghurt, mayo, curry powder and cumin. Store in fridge until required.
- Remove the goat from the oven and rest for 5 mins. Slowly pull the meat away from the bone, it should fall off easily.
- Start to assemble your wrap, coleslaw, meat and wrap. I didn’t used any sauce as the coleslaw gave it moisture.