This recipe was inspired by fellow blogger Fae’s Twist & Tango, I have changed it slightly to suit what I had in my cupboard’s but all the same it was absolutely delicious, you can see the original recipe here from http://fae-magazine.com/2016/06/16/lentil-salad/.
50g Yellow Split peas
50g Green Lentils
2 tbsp Olive Oil (a good one)
1 lemon – juice off
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground rainbow peppercorns
1 medium apple, diced with skin – I used Golden Delicious
Handful of chopped Lovage (this is an erect, herbaceous, perennial plant growing to 1.8–2.5 m, the stems and leaves are shiny green to yellow-green and smell somewhat similar to celery when crushed.)
15g Almonds – chopped
- Firstly cook the lentils, bring about 500ml water to boil and boil for 10 mins then reduce to a simmer for about 20 mins.
- While lentils are cooking, prepare the dressing:- Olive oil, lemon juice, honey, ginger, salt, pepper mix together in a bowl.
- Once lentils are ready pour in dressing a mix through.
- Empty in with the apple, almonds and lovage and mix through.
- Serve in a dish and enjoy!