I love Falafel’s! Having some Beetroot that needed to be used up, I thought I would try it in a Falafel, these were not only a lovely Deep Red in colour but absolutely delicious! The good thing is you can make loads and then freeze them for a quick lunch or dinner during the week.
2 large beetroots – If buying fresh roast them in the oven first.
1 Can of Chickpeas – make sure you drain all the liquid and dry the chickpeas off
1/2 white onion
1 tbsp Roasted Red Pepper Spice
1 tsp Rapeseed oil or olive oil
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder or 1/2 red chilli
- Mix everything in a food processor, if mixture is too wet add a little flour.
- With your hands roll into small ball shapes and place onto a greased baking tin.
- Place in a preheated oven 190 deg for 30 mins.
- Finish off in a hot griddle pan turn for a few mins until slightly browned all round.
- I served with goats cheese and chopped walnuts. Yummy!!