I just love breakfast time it is one of my most enjoyable food times and creating something different every weekend has become an exciting challenge. My favourite food is of course eggs, love them anyway cooked. So this morning I went for something simple but very very tasty. I recently purchased some fresh eggs from Little Turnberry Farm and Chicken Nest at the Glasgow Assembly, all of their hens love their freedom at their farmhouse gardens, they enjoy foraging the grounds and a with little TLC they produce the most flavoursome eggs.
Here is my wee recipe for the best baked eggs and tomato:-
2 x Beef Tomato
2 x Fresh Eggs
Salt & pepper
pinch of basil (fresh or dried)
pinch of chives (fresh or dried)
1 x slice of cheddar cheese
- First slice the top of the tomato and scoop out the insides.
- Season the tomato with salt & pepper, crack the egg into the tomato, sprinkle basil over the top and some cracked black pepper.
- Place into a preheated oven at 220 deg and bake for 20 mins for a runny egg, 30-35 mins for solid.
- A few minutes before it’s ready, place slices of cheddar cheese on top and allow to melt.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle some chives on top serve with some lovely avocado slices. Yummy!!