A Wee Saturday lunch time treat. I love tuna and avocado but thought I would try something different and put it into French Toast instead of plain bread or a baked potato………..and oh wow! It really does taste so much better!
Makes 2 Sandwiches (2 slices of bread)
2 Slices of wholemeal bread
1/2 tin of tuna
1/4 of avocado
1 spring onion – chopped finely
Grated cheddar cheese (handful)
2 eggs whisked
ground pepper to taste
spray oil for frying
squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp light mayo or you can use a light cream cheese
- Whisk eggs, cinnamon and pepper together, pour into a flat dish. Lay both slices of bread in egg mixture and allow to soak up, turning over to coat both sides.
- Gentle heat up oil in a frying pan, (medium to high heat) place bread into frying pan and toast on both sides until turning slightly golden brown (about 3 mins on each side)
- Meanwhile, put tuna into a bowl with avocado and a light mayo then mash together.
- Squeeze lemon juice and put in spring onion and mix together.
- Once bread has toasted lay on a plate and add the filling, topping with the grated cheese then closing up the sandwich. oh Yummy!