I had some left over Pastry and creme Fraiche……….oh what to do………Creamy Cheese Puffs….oh yes that is the answer….these are absolutely delicious! Perfect for my lazy comfort Sunday afternoon.
1 Roll of lighter Puff Pastry
1 tub of creme fraiche (I only used half a tub)
Grated Chedder Cheese
1 egg beaten for glazing.
- Roll out pastry sheet and brush with egg, cover half with the creme fraiche (you could of course use cream cheese too) Make sure not to put too much in or it will run out, just a light covering. Use back of a spoon to even out.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top of creme fraiche evenly.
- Fold over the pastry to make a parcel, press down around all the edges. The cut into strips about 2.5cm wide.
- Place a baking sheet onto a baking tray and preheat oven to 180 deg.
- Holding both ends of the strips gently twist in opposite direction to create your twist. Lay onto baking sheet and glaze with remaining egg mixture. Place into warm oven and bake for approx 25 minutes.
- Make yourself a cuppa and watch the magic happen!
- Remove, allow to cool for a few minutes as they will be roasting hot in the middle. Simply Enjoy! Yummy!