Our Saturday night is normally Steak night, after a while I am always looking for a change and as I love mushrooms and Red wine I thought I would try my hand at a homemade steak sauce instead of buying one. I have to admit this is pretty delicious and rich in flavour.
2 Shallots – sliced
4 tbsp olive oil
4 Chestnut mushrooms – sliced – I love our Scottish ones by Sainsburys, loads of flavour.
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp rosemary
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
50ml red wine
50ml beef stock
2 tbsp creme fraiche
1 knob butter
- Saute the shallots in a pan with oil
- Season with black cracked pepper, garlic and rosemary
- Add the knob of butter, melt, then add in the mushrooms, cook for few mins.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar until it turns into a syrup
- Pour in the wine and reduce by 2 thirds
- Pour in the beef stock and bring to the boil, simmer for a few mins.
- Add in the creme fraiche and stir through. Serve. Yummy!
NOTE: You could use Beef Stock instead of Creme Fraiche if you don’t want it creamy.
Servings Per Recipe: 2
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 33 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 15.4 mg
- Sodium: 113.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Sugars: 6.6 g
- Protein: 1.9 g