Well I was Opting for a Spicy Weekend this weekend………………….(naughty…naughty!)……..and this polishes off my Sunday. Delicious and filling Soup with a bit of spice!
1 Sweet Potato
1 tsp ground coriander
4 spring onions
1 red chilli
1 tsp olive oil
Handful of tortilla chips (I used Doritos with a hint of lime)
15g fresh coriander
400g ripe tomatoes
2 gloves of garlic
1 can chickpeas (400g)
Feta cheese for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 deg. Wash and peel sweet potato, cut into 1cm cubes.
- Season potatoes with salt, pepper and ground coriander, drizzle with oil and bake for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, chop the spring onions finely, slice the chilli and coriander, add to a pan with little oil and fry for about 2 mins.
- Crush into the pan the garlic, cut tomatoes into quarters then add in to pot.
- Tip in the chickpeas with juices and top up with 500ml of boiling water, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins, remove from heat and mash up the tomatoes. Add in the sweet potato and crush in the tortillas, mix through, season well and serve. Garnish with fresh coriander and feta if chosen. YUMMY!!!