One again I had a truly different taste sensation when visiting Florida this year, pancake and Maple Syrup were everywhere….much to my boyfriends delight! You had them for brekkie with Maple Syrup, eggs, bacon etc and then again on the menu for dessert with ice cream and flavoured sauces……oh Yum! Here is my homemade version…inspired by (Denny’s).
Makes about 14 pancakes.
300g Plain White Flour ( to make it a bit healthier, you can use wholewheat instead)
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
100g chocolate – to make sauce
1 jar Maple Syrup (your choice)
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl, add in Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon, Sugar and mix.
- Then add in eggs, milk and vanilla essence, mix through with spoon until blended making sure there are no lumps in he mixture, do not over mix.
3. Sprat a little cooking oil into a frying pan and heat through at high heat. Pour 1/2 a ladle or 1/2 cup of mixture onto the frying pan and even out with back of spoon, cook for approx 1-2 mins, you know it’s ready to turn when you see an even covering of holes.
4. Flip and cook for approx 1 min. Remove and continued to repeat until all done.
5. Keep warm in a warming drawer or in your oven at 70-80 degrees until finished.
6. If using Chocolate Sauce – break bar into chunks and put into a small pan, melt on Induction Hob Number 1 for about 5 mins. If using conventional method, melt in a glass bowl oven boiler water on hob.
6. Serve with Maple Syrup and Hot Chocolate Sauce……Mmmmmmmmmmm!!