I had some chicken left and a sweet potato and fancied something spicy so I came up with this, and I have to say it was rather tasty with a wee kick!
2 Chicken Breasts cut into strips or chunks
1 Medium Sweet Potato chopped small chunks
1 Red Pepper Sliced
1 Onion Sliced
Handful of sweetcorn
200g of chopped tomatoes
250g Black Beans
200ml of Chicken Stock
2 red chilles – finely chopped
1 tbsp Cumin
2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
Garlic – I used 2 cloves.
Salt & Pepper
Grated Mature Cheddar or Jack Cheese to top
1. Coat chicken in paprika and fry until browned all round
2. Brown off onion and pepper in same pan
3. Add in garlic, chillies and cumin, stir for another minute
4. Add in beans, tin tomatoes, sweet potato, sweetcorn and stock, give a good stir until everything is blended together.
5. Transfer to an oven proof dish, grated the cheese on top of each dish and place in oven at 180deg for approx 1 hour. You can of course bake and 10 mins before ready add the grated cheese, but I like the well done flavour.
This dish is filling but if your dividing between 4 then a rice or pitta bread is a good accompaniment.