I really fancied something Italian tonight, already had most of these Ingredients in my kitchen, so a little of this and a little of that, and voila a tasty and still healthy little Italian Dish.
2 x Chicken Breast cut into chunks
4 tbsp of Paprika
2 nests of Wholegrain Vermicelli
1 Red and 1 Green Pepper – chopped
1 white onion – chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
10-12 Piccolo Tomatoes – halved
250ml tomato passata
1 tbsp chilli
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp basil
1 tsp garlic
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Coat the chicken chunks with the paprika and brown in a saucepan or wok with the olive oil
2. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside
3. Put onion, peppers and all spices in pan and cook under slightly tender
4. Add back to the pan the chicken and mix.
5. Then add the tomato passata and red wine vinegar, stir and reduce to a simmer for 5 mins.
6. Meanwhile place the vermicelli in a bowl and cover with boiling water for 4 mins, then add to the pan and stir through for 2 mins.
7. Serve. Yum! Goes well with a lovely glass of Chardonnay. You can also add some parmesan on top for extra flavour.