I was inspired to give this a try by a fellow Blogger http://www.myfussyeater.com/, I have to say it was delicious, a very light, healthy and filling lunch. I made enough for 4 servings and chilled 3 for later.
Approx 270 calories per serving.
1 medium Cauliflower
3 Handfuls of Spinach
drizzle olive oil
75g Long grain and Wild rice (or you can use what you prefer)
1/2 lime juice
1/2 tsp garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Blitz the cauliflower in a processor until rice like consistency
2. Add in the Spinach and blitz to blend through adding a little olive oil if needed.
3. Meanwhile cook rice as per packet instructions until soft.
4. Also boil 2 medium eggs until slightly hard boiled (about 7 mins)
5. Empty Cauliflower and Spinach into a microwave container and cover with cling film, pierce film with a few holes and cook in a microwave for 3 mins on high power (900W)
6. Mash together the avocado, lime juice and garlic
7. Empty rice and cauliflower mixture into a large bowl then add in the avocado mix and stir well until mixed together. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
8. Put rice mixture onto plate and slice the boiled egg on top. You can drizzle a tbsp of low fat mayo for extra taste. YUMMY!
Serve with a Green Tea for maximum health benefits………………GO GREEN!!!
I might try putting some Chilli through it next time to give an extra kick.