Decided to try the famous Cranachan dessert but wanted to change it slightly, turned out amazingly good. My first time at trying a Panna Cotta too.
For Panna Cotta:-
10g toasted oats (lightly toast in dry pan)
50g caster sugar
80g mashed raspberries
2 tbsp honey
250ml double cream
20ml Whisky or whisky essence
3 gelatine leaves, soaked in water
1. Mix milk, raspberries and sugar bring to boil then add in oats, honey and whisky reduce heat slightly
2. Add in gelatine and stir through
3. Add in cream, mix through and set aside to cool for 5 mins.
4. Pour into greased ramekins and chill for at least 2 hours.
For the syrup:-
10g caster sugar
1. Put all ingredients into a pan and bring to boil, boil until syrup consistency (about 2-3 mins)
For the honey cream:-
50ml double cream
5g toasted oats
1. Put all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until a stiff consistency (few mins)
To plate up: turn out the Panna Cotta onto a plate, drizzle the syrup over and scoop some of the honey cream to the side with a couple of raspberries.