Got some of my favourite fish from my fishmongers… Jim Mason from St. Monans (small fishing village in Fife), he’s brilliant, always has fresh fish thats caught that morning and delivers to your door the same day…can’t ask for better than that.
1 x Scottish Smoked Cod
1 x Scottish Salmon, flatter the better
2 x Handfuls of Spinach
1 tbsp cream cheese (Extra light philadelphia is my fav)
Few slices of beetroot
Handful of chopped parsley
squeeze of lemon juice
extra light mayo
Preheat oven to 180 deg (or Fish setting)
1. Spread salmon with cream cheese and lay some spinach on top, the carefully roll salmon into a roll, cut to desired portion size and tie tightly with string to hold each portion together. Put into an oven bag and make a couple of holes in bag, place on oven tray.
2. Place smoked cod into an oven bag sprinkle with little lemon juice, make a couple of holes in bag and place in oven on tray.
3. Bake for approx 20-25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place some spinach in a steamer and steam for 3 mins, or place in a casserole dish, add tsp water, cover and cook at 800watt in microwave for 1 minute.
5. Place cod on plate and sprinkle with some parsley and lemon juice, put some light mayo on side to serve.
6. Place salmon onto plate and remove string, splash with lemon juice.
7. Place steamed spinach on plate and top with some sliced beetroot.
8. Yum…Yum…Yum…..oh! serve with a lovely Chardonnay…..perfect meal!