3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
3 tbsp of soy sauce
2 tbsp of honey
2 tbsp of tomato ketchup
1 tsp of ground ginger
2 Chicken Breasts
1/4 red cabbage
4 carrots, peeled and grated
2 spring onions, washed
3 tsp of sweet chilli sauce
1/2 lime, juiced
3 tbsp of mayonnaise (light to save on those calories)
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
1. Combine the garlic, tomato ketchup, soy sauce, honey and ground ginger to make a paste. Flatten the chicken breasts using a mallet or rolling pin, coat the 2 chicken breasts with the paste and marinade in the fridge for a least an hour.
2. Meanwhile, for the coleslaw, finely shred the cabbage and carrots, then finely slice the spring onions.
3. Combine the sweet chilli sauce, lime juice, seasoning and mayonnaise in a large bowl and stir to combine. Mix through the cabbage, grated carrot and spring onion until coated in the dressing and set aside in fridge until required.
4. Heat some oil in a griddle and cook chicken breasts until cooked through, approx 25 mins. Or heat oven to 200 deg and cook on a baking tray for approx 30-40 mins.
5. Serve on chicken on a plate and side with the coleslaw….yummy!